Acupressure mats are excellent equipment for stress relaxation and relief from pain. The spikes may take some time to get used to, during which you can put a towel underneath your back. But once you get comfortable with gentle poking on your skin, you can see the effect it has on pain.
If you are looking to buy an acupressure mat, here are my top ten recommendations;
Best Acupressure Mats of 2022
1. Bed of Nails Original Acupressure Mat for Back/Body Pain Treatment, Relaxation and Mindfulness, Black
Materials- Plastic, polyurethane foam, cotton cover
Product Dimensions- 16.5 x 1 x 28.5 inches; 1.5 Pounds
Manufacturer- Bed of Nails Inc.
While the name ‘bed of nails’ may not inspire much confidence in the product, there are some excellent reasons why this product is at the top of our list. The mat is made from materials that make it easy to clean and maintain. This ergonomically designed mat comes in convenient packaging and is not very expensive.
The soft spikes on the mat provide the benefits of acupuncture and massage from the comfort of your home. It is suitable for your back, body, and neck pain.
- Easy to clean
- A good number of spikes
- The package comes with a carrying bag
- Ergonomic design
- Expensive compared to other mats
- The package doesn’t include a pillow
Materials- Foam, cotton
Product Dimensions- 18 x 9 x 7 inches; 8.01 Ounces
If you are looking for an acupressure mat and pillow set mainly for relaxation, your search might end here with this set from ProsourceFit. It has close to 8000 plastic pressure points which promote relaxation. The mat is made from foam, making it ideal for you to relax daily for 10-30 minutes.
Once you get accustomed to the feel of spikes on your skin, you’ll appreciate the relaxation it provides. Complete beginners should lie on the mat with cloths on and gradually remove them in subsequent weeks once they are accustomed to the pain.
- A large number of pressure points
- Spikes made from plastic are gentler on the skin
- Available in six colors
- Comes with a pillow for neck support
- Sharp points
- No carrying bag
3. Kanjo Premium Acupressure Mat & Pillow Set | Acupressure Body Mat & Acupressure Pillow w/Memory Foam Core | Helps Relieve Back & Neck Pain | Includes Carry Bag | FSA & HSA Eligible | Black
Materials- Foam core, cotton cover
Product Dimensions- 10.5 x 18 x 10.5 inches; 2.76 Pounds
This acupressure mat is the perfect solution for you if you have a sedentary lifestyle and always end up with back, shoulder, or neck pain at the end of the day. It has a high-density memory foam at the core, which molds according to the shape of your body. The cover is made from cotton and linen, which provide ideal comfort while relaxing.
It comes with an acupressure pillow, which relieves neck pain. The spikes are made of plastic and have a unique flower shape to cover the maximum area of your body.
➢ Foam core provides excellent support
➢ Premium cotton and linen cover
➢ BPA-free plastic
➢ Comes with a carry bag
➢ Available in four colors
➢ Softer as compared to many alternatives
➢ The carry bag is small
4. Acupressure Mat and Pillow Massage Set – by DoSensePro + Gel Pack. Acupressure Mattress for Neck and Back Pain. Relieve Sciatic, Headaches, Aches. Natural Sleeping Aid. Best Relaxation Gift (Purple)
Materials- Not available
Product Dimensions- 17.2 x 8.5 x 6.5 inches; 2.35 Pounds
If you’re taller, you’ll need a longer mat. In which case, this acupressure mat by DoSensePro is excellent for you. It is 29 inches in length. There are thousands of spikes on the mat covering all the major pain points like back and shoulder. It also comes with a head pillow and a hot/cold pack.
You can use the mat to relax after your yoga session or get some relief from chronic pain. It provides excellent support to your spine and aids in healing your aches.
- Comes with a pillowcase and hot/cold pack
- Available in two colors
- Comes in a draw-string bag
- Spikes are very sharp
- The quality of the pillow isn’t as good as the mat
5. NAYOYA Neck and Back Pain Relief – Acupressure Mat and Neck Pillow Set – Relieves Stress and Sciatic Pain for Optimal Health and Wellness – Comes in a Carry Box with Handle for Storage and Travel
- Materials- Foam, cotton
- Product Dimensions- 9 x 7 x 15 inches
- Manufacturer- NAYOYA
This top-rated mat and pillow set by Nayoya is great for relieving stress and reducing pain. The mat has 6210 pressure points while the pillow has 1782, which is more than enough. The targeted acupressure points on the mat and pillow help reduce back and neck pain. It also helps in improving your blood circulation.
The mat is made up of cotton, which makes it washable. Do remember to remove the foam padding before you wash it carefully. As the spikes are very pointed, beginners should use this mat over a recliner or adjustable bed.
- Comes with a pillowcase
- Foam padding provides excellent support
- Comes in a carry box with a handle
- Expensive for beginners
6. Spoonk Acupressure Eco Mat, Pagoda Blue – with Massage Ball, Travel Mat & Sling Bag – Back & Neck Massager – Travel Pillow – Stress & Muscle Relief – Sleep Aid – Relaxation Kit – Made with Cotton
Materials- Eco-foam, cotton
Product Dimensions- 18 x 8 x 8 inches; 2.87 Pounds
Manufacturer- Spoonk Space
If you want a complete acupressure package that you can carry along to the beach, this is the acupressure mat for you. This mat has 6000 pressure points to help you relax. It also provides help in the case of pain relief and muscle tension. This product includes one regular-size mat and one travel-size mat, which can be rolled into a neck pillow and a convenient self-carrying strap. It also comes with a grooved ball for instant energy.
The eco-friendly material contains ABS plastic and is filled with plant-based CertiPur- US Eco Foam.
- Comes with a travel mat
- Eco-friendly material
- Over 6000 pressure points in the regular mat
- Available in three colors
- The travel mat is not up to the mark
- Not returnable on Amazon
7. XiaoMaGe Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set with Bag – Large Size 28.7 X 16.5-inch Massage Acupressure Body Mat – Naturally Relax Back, Neck and Feet Muscles – Stress and Pain Relief (Purple)
Materials- Cotton, high-density foam
Product Dimensions- 28.7 x 16.5 x 0.78 inches; 1.85 Pounds
If you need a complete acupressure package, including a pillow and carry bag, this is the product for you. The mat has over 6000 acupressure points, whereas the pillow has close to 1800. The large size of the mat makes it suitable for even taller people. It has a velcro strap and an invisible zipper, ensuring the high-density foam inside the mat stays in place.
The high-density foam provides the added benefit of not leaving an imprint on hard surfaces. So, you can easily use it in your home and not worry about cleaning up later.
- Comes with a pillow
- Over 6000 pressure points
- High-density foam
- Longer than regular mats
- Available in five colors
- Pillow is very thick for the neck
- Pressure points are sharp
8. Acupressure Mat and Pillow Massage Set – by DoSensePro. Acupressure Mattress for Neck and Back Pain. Relieve Sciatic, Headaches, Aches at Pressure Points. Natural Sleeping Aid (Natural Linen)
Materials- Coconut fiber and natural linen
Product Dimensions- 16 x 12.6 x 4 inches; 3.7 Pounds
If you are tall and prefer a longer mat made of natural linen, this product is for you. At 29 inches in length, it is one of the longest in the segment. It has a coconut fiber filling and a natural linen cover, making it gentle on the skin. The mat is perfect for lying down after your workout session to relax or to bring relief from muscle pain and stiffness.
The spikes are precisely located to maximize the effect of acupressure on your back. It also comes with a pillow, so it provides full-body relaxation. A hot/cold pack is also included with the package, and it comes with a carry bag with a side strap.
- Longer than a regular mat
- Filled with cotton
- Natural linen cover
- Precisely located spikes
- Less comfortable than a foam-filled mat
- Less durable
9. Best Acupressure Mat & Pillow Set – Effective Remedy for Pain and Stress Relief – with Magnet Therapy – Includes Carry Bag & Reflexology Foot Chart – ZenGuru (Green)
Materials- Natural linen, cotton, coconut fiber
Product Dimensions- 26 x 17 x 1 inches; 1.9 Pounds
Manufacturer- Zen Guru
This acupressure mat combo is made from linen, cotton, and coconut fiber. In addition to acupressure, it also provides magnet therapy. It gives relief from pain in the back, neck, and sciatic pain. It is excellent for stress relief as well. It comes with a carry bag and a reflexology foot chart.
- Made from natural linen, cotton, and coconut fiber
- Comes with a carry bag
- Provides magnet therapy
- Comes in three colors
- Spikes are sharp
- Padding could have been better
10. Benooa Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set Yoga Mats Pranamat Massage Mat for Back/Neck Muscle Relaxation Relieves Stress (Yellow)
Product Dimensions- 15.75 x 8.27 x 6.3 inches; 1.83 Pounds
This acupressure mat and pillow set has a unique flower shape spike. The mat has over 5000 spike points, so it relaxes you completely, even if you lie on it for only 15 minutes. The mat is made from cotton and is filled with high-density material, which provides sufficient cushion to your back.
- Made from cotton
- High-density filling
- Comes with a pillow and bag
- Over 5000 ergonomic spikes
- Spikes are sharp
- No color options are available
So here it is. These were the top ten recommendations for an acupressure mat. You can choose your favorite depending on your preferences. The Bed of nails tops the chart as the overall best. But if you are taller, you can opt for the one by DoSensePro. Which one is your favorite? Did I miss any of your favorites? Do let me know in the comments.
People are also reading: