Everyone looks for a short break from their routine and wishes to develop a close relationship with nature. Beaches are vacation-perfect places to connect with nature and experience its beauty. This article lists the best beaches in Vietnam you must not miss out on visiting!
Vietnam, or Viet Nam, a country located at the eastern edge of mainland Southeast Asia, is a tropical Asian paradise with surreal landscapes and flourishing metropolitan cities. It is a country with a long history, diverse culture, and breathtaking places to visit.
With a crescent coastline of 3,000 kilometers, Vietnam has plenty of tropical beaches for all types of beach lovers – whether sun, sand, or surf. From the northern parts of Ha Long Bay to the southern part of Phu Quoc, Vietnam offers stunning beach destinations for swimming, water sports, snorkeling, and relaxation.
In this article, we have curated an assortment of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam for every type of beach lover. But first, let us know what time is best to visit these beaches.
When to visit Vietnam Beaches?
As the country has a long coastline, the unpredictability of rainy seasons, tropical seasons, and typhoons comes. The northern and southern parts of the country have different monsoon cycles. As a result, to enjoy all the surrounding beauty of beaches, it is always better to plan correctly before visiting Vietnam beaches.
- In the southern part of the country, the monsoon cycle ranges from May to November. So, visiting beaches in the dry season between December to April is better.
- The country’s central part is well-known for breathtaking beach destinations. In this part, the monsoon cycle ranges from September to February. So, plan your vacations between March to August.
- The dry season in the northern region lasts from October to December. But, the season from January to March is dry and cold, and the temperature may fall to a single digit.
10 Best Beaches in Vietnam For all Beach-Loving Travelers
1. Nha Trang Beach
One of the best and most beautiful beaches in the world, Nha Trang Beach is well-known for its crystal clear waters and pristine white sand. The beach is 6 km long with an idyllic surrounding of clear water islands. It is the most exotic getaway from the crowded and bustling city – Nha Trang.
The city is energetic, with tall green mountains lying in the curved shape of dazzling white sand in the background. The combination of human constructions, natural beauty, clear waters, and the vast blue sky gives a breathtaking view and experience.
Whether you plan to visit solo or with your partner, family, or friends, this beach is the perfect destination for your vacation.
- Best Time to Visit: February to early October
- How to Get There: Take a plane or railway from Ha Noi and from Ho Chi Minh.
- Things to Do: Boat cruises, diving & snorkeling, hot air balloon ride, and visiting amusement parks.
2. Cat Ba
Cat Ba is the main in the Cat Ba archipelago of 367 islands spanning over an area of 260 km. It is the largest island in the Gulf of Tonkin, surrounded by Bai Tu Long Bay and Ha Long Bay seascapes. It offers everything that a tourist looks for on vacations.
The Cat Ba archipelago has the three most famous beaches – Cat Co 1, Cat Co 2, and Cat Co 3 – between giant stones. In the summer season, crystal clear waters, luminous waves, and soothing winds turn these beaches into real paradises.
Cat Ba is an ideal vacation destination if you want a romantic beach to visit this summer.
- Best Time to Visit: May to November
- How to Get There: A ferry service and some cruises from Halong, a high-speed boat from Ben Binh Harbour, Hai Phong, and a ferry from Dinh Vu Pier, Hai Phong.
- Things to Do: Swimming at Cat Co beach, Cat Ba kayaking, Cat Ba Island cruise, Cat Ba national park, floating barge karaoke, and discovering Van Boi Island.
3. Mui Ne
Mui Ne is among south Vietnam’s best beaches and a natural paradise for beach lovers. It is a 50 km long beach starting 10 km from Phan Thiet City and moving north through Mui Ne Town.
Not much crowded with tourists, Mui Ne is an amazing location if you are looking for a peaceful getaway. The coconut waves, winds, clear blue water, fine sand, and blue sky offer a remarkable and peaceful experience. It is recognized as a desirable description for tourists who love enjoying their vacations in tropical areas.
Other landscapes nearby the beach are Khmer ancient towers, sand hills, religious architecture, magnificent gulfs, and islets.
Moreover, Mui Ne town has been titled the resort capital of Vietnam, as it hosts luxurious resorts, hotels, and bungalows by the sea.
- Best Time to Visit: The first half of the year – January to June.
- How to Get There: Take a flight to Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang City) or Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and ride to Phan Thiet by train, car, or bus.
- Things to Do: Sunrise and sunset at Mui Ne, visit the red sand dunes of Mui Ne, wind or kite surfing, and Mui Ne fishing harbor.
4. Long Beach (Bai Trong)
Long Beach starts from the southwestern coast of Phu Quoc and stretches 20 km long to An Thoi, the southernmost tip of Phu Quoc island. Phu Quoc is Vietnam’s largest island and is on the verge of becoming the country’s premier beach destination.
Also known as Bai Trong and Bai Dai, which means “beach that is long”, Long Beach is the longest beach in Kien Giang Province.
The beach is well-known for its unspoiled beauty, clean water, and fresh surroundings. You feel refreshed with the yellow or golden soft sand and coconut palm trees along the length of the beach. It fascinates tourists with not only its breathtaking natural beauty but also its outstanding facilities.
Also, you will not find much crowd at the beach. Hence, you can experience peace, relax your mind, and enjoy various activities.
- Best Time to Visit: November to April
- How to Get There: Take a car or taxi from Duong Dong Town.
- Things to Do: Swimming, kayaking, coral sightseeing, cycling around the beach, and watching spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
5. Sam Son
Sam Son is among the fascinating vacation beaches among locals. Located 170 km from Hanoi and 16 km from the center of Thanh Hoa, the Sam Son town was founded by the French in 1907. Later, it was transformed into a resort town to meet the demands of the French colony and the Nguyen dynasty.
The beach has a long coastline of 16 km with white sand, plentiful scenery, and historical relics. The blue sea, flat sandbank, the rhythm of winds, white sand, and yellow sunlight perfectly combine to feel relaxed. Sunbathing and building castles is a perfect idea for spending time at the beach.
Also, you can try different varieties of local seafood, such as shrimp, crabs, and fish. Besides, there are numerous historical attractions and scenic spots.
- Best Time to Visit: Late May to early August.
- How to Get There: Take a bus, taxi, or car from Hanoi
- Things to Do: Build sand castles, try local seafood, and do local sightseeing.
6. My Khe
Located south of Da Nang city, My Khe is the world’s top 6 sexiest beaches. Da Nang is a coastal city in Vietnam with a coastline of 35 km long from Hai Van Pass to Non-Nuoc.
My Khe is 5 km away from the center of Da Nang and 5 km from Hoi An. It has a coastline of 10 km from the base of the Son Tra Peninsula to the Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son).
The blue sky, white sand, gentle slope, warm water all around the year, and the surroundings of coconut trees make it among Vietnam’s best beaches. Forbes has selected My Khe as one of the most attractive beaches on the planet because of its peaceful and relaxing environment.
What you should not miss at the beach is the magnificent sunrise. The sun’s golden rays mix with the clear blue water to give a unique and breathtaking view.
- Best Time to Visit: April to August
- How to Get There: Reach Da Nang by plane. Take a taxi to My Khe beach, just 5 km from the city. Another option is to take a bus from Hoi An to Da Nang.
- Things to Do: Sunbathing, swimming, surfing, and parasailing.
7. Quan Lan
Quan Lan is an island in Bai Tu Long Bay just outside Halong Bay. In the past, it was a major route for trade between Vietnam, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, and China. Compared to earlier days, it isn’t as busy today.
Among the beaches on Quan Lan island, Quan Lan beach is the most popular. It is situated 55 km away from Halong Bay in Bai Tu Long Bay. The deep blue water, fine white sand, and green pine forest give tourists a remarkable experience. The beach’s contrasting colors make it colorful and joyful and add charm.
Besides, the island hosts various historical places, such as pagodas and shrines. The island’s northern part has the old Van Don Port ruins. It was the major port of the Dai Viet Dynasty.
Quan Lan is a perfect holiday place if you are looking for a peaceful and quiet destination.
- Best Time to Visit: May to October
- How to Get There: Board a high-speed boat from Cai Rong Harbour in Van Don Province.
- Things to Do: Surfing, kayaking, swimming in the morning, and enjoying sunrise and sunset.
8. Non Nuoc Beach
According to Forbes, Non Nuoc Beach was one of the world’s most beautiful beaches in 2015. Tourists get lost in the admiring and magnificent beauty of the beach and natural scenery.
Located 8 km from the center of Da Nang, Non Nuoc beach is at the foot of Marble mountains. It has a coastline of 5 km that twirls like peach-colored silk. The fine sand, crystal clear water, and waves crashing against the rocks give the beach an alluring and glamorous beauty.
Further, the beach is also famous for local seafood, such as shrimp, crab, fish noodle soup, etc.
- Best Time to Visit: January to September
- How to Get There: Take a bus, car, or taxi from Da Nang to Non Nuoc beach.
- Things to Do: Snorkeling, reef sighting, swimming, sailing, surfing, paragliding, and dope water motor games.
9. Doc Let Beach
The most beautiful and alluring beach in the Khanh Hoa province, Doc Let beach has pristine seawater, secluded serenity, and lush greenery. The picturesque scenery makes it an idyllic paradise and a go-to vacation spot where you can forget all your worries and eliminate anxiety.
In ‘Doc Let Beach’, ‘Doc’ refers to the slope. This name is because locals in the past had to pass sand slopes high as barriers to reach the beach. With increased tourism, there is a convenient road to make it easy for tourists to get to the beach.
Doc Let beach is 49 km south of Nha Trang city. The giant sand dunes make a perfect walking pathway, providing a feeling of sinking your legs in the sand at each step. The silky white sand and crystal clear water ensure you have a great time with your family and loved ones.
- Best Time to Visit: February to September.
- How to Get There: Get to Nha Trang city by flight. You can take a bike or bus to Doc Let Beach from there.
- Things to Do: Kayaking, boating, parachuting, and camping.
10. Dai Lanh
Dai Lanh is among the best beaches in Vietnam, located around 90 km from Nha Trang. Sandwiched in lush mountains, Dai Lanh is a pristine attraction with chalky sand, crystal clear water for swimming, and rows of beautiful casuarina trees along the seaside.
The clear blue water is the best, allowing you to see the bottom easily. The surface area is sloppy, making it easy and safe to swim. Though it is not a popular tourist attraction, it has everything to offer for one seeking a peaceful and enjoyable holiday destination.
- Best Time to Visit: April to August.
- How to Get There: Take a bus or train from Nha Trang.
- Things to Do: Witnessing the beautiful sunrise and swimming.
These were just a few of the best beaches in Vietnam. There are many more others that provide a similar experience to the ones mentioned above. They are the ultimate getaways for families, couples, friends, and solo travelers.
Adventure travelers have a lot of activities to do, such as swimming, snorkeling, parasailing, etc. Needless to say, you can witness beautiful sunrises and sunsets at most beaches. Also, various vendors sell beautiful Vietnamese seafood and cuisines.
Before planning a trip to any of the above destinations, check the best time to visit and the best route to get there.
People are also reading:
- Best Beaches In Bali
- Best Things To Do In Indonesia
- Best Honeymoon Places in the World
- Best Country In The World
- Cheapest Countries to Visit in the World
- Most Expensive Buildings in the World
- Tallest Statues in the World
- Cleanest City in the World
- Historical Places in the world
- Best Places to Visit in the World
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which part of Vietnam has the best beaches?
The southern half of Vietnam has the world’s most beautiful and best beaches. They are the go-to vacation destinations for all types of travelers.
2. Is Vietnam a cheap destination?
Yes, Vietnam is the cheapest destination in the world one can travel to.
3. Which is the best time to visit Vietnam beaches?
Each beach in Vietnam has a different suitable time to visit. Ensure to visit during the dry season, as there is little to no risk of rain.
4. What water activities can I do on Vietnam beaches?
Snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming are the common water activities you can do on Vietnam beaches.
5. Which are the best beaches in Vietnam for a honeymoon?
Doc Let Beach, Ca Na Beach, and Hon Chong Beach are the best beaches in Vietnam for a honeymoon.