Portable oxygen concentrators are life-saving machines that can help people who need medical oxygen on a regular basis. The oxygen concentrator delivers oxygen to a person in need at significantly higher concentrations than the surrounding air. Air contains approximately 21% Oxygen and 78% Nitrogen. The concentrator removes the Nitrogen and replaces it with air that has a higher concentration of Oxygen – approximately 93%.
When there is low oxygen saturation in blood while the patient is lying in bed, suffering from Dyspnea, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or Hypoxemia, it is used as a substitute for cylinders of compressed oxygen.
Online stores from where you can buy:
10 Best Oxygen Concentrator Machine
Please go through the features before buying one.
The AirSep Freestyle 3 is the lightest, most feature-rich portable concentrator. It is the quietest concentrator and is designed for the active user, weighing less than 5 pounds. It provides medical-grade oxygen and eliminates the need for oxygen refills. It has a maximum pulse setting of 3 and a maximum pulse rate of 332 per minute. The FreeStyle is one of the smallest concentrators available today and provides an unlimited supply of Oxygen for a satisfying oxygen flow experience.
The AC/DC power supply makes operating the unit and charging the battery simple and easy. You will be able to travel easily between power sources and will no longer have to worry about running out of oxygen. The AirSep Airbelt and the FreeStyle Portable Concentrator are both made in the United States. The advanced travel oxygen solution, the FreeStyle with the AirBelt, combines function and fashion.
- The concentrator weighs 4.4 pounds with the internal battery.
- Battery life of 3.5 hours.
- Includes the Freestyle 3 unit, travel bag, internal battery, manual, cannula, and universal and AC power supplies.
- Its maximum pulse setting is 3, and its maximum pulse rate is 332 per minute.
- It has a flip-open, clearly visible LED control panel with easy-to-read flow setting buttons (1–3) and a battery test button to check the battery’s life.
- It has big soft buttons with clearly visible settings (1-3).
- There is no need for an on/off switch regularly; just touch the flow that you require and you are ready to go.
- There is a battery button that displays the internal battery in increments of 25%.
- On setting 2, the internal battery of the FreeStyle has a duration of up to 2.5 hours.
- An additional 6 hours on setting 2 can be obtained by using the internal battery in conjunction with the available battery belt.
- You can carry out any daily activity using FreeStyle.
- It comes with a 3-year unit warranty and a 1-year battery and accessory warranty.
- Approved for use while in flight.
- Comes with a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- 498 ml/min is the maximum oxygen output.
- 90% of the air is oxygen, +5.5% -3%.
This device is intended to conveniently supply an ongoing oxygen flow at home. It fulfills the clinical requirements of a patient and helps them to lead an independent and quality life. The HG-503 can supply continuous, physically enhanced oxygen at a rate of up to 93.3% between 1LPM (Liters Per Minute) and 5LPM, with an adjustable flow rate of 1 to 5LPM. The wheels on the oxygen concentrator HG-503 make it easy for an elderly person to move the device from one location to another without experiencing any difficulties.
- The low noise motor on the oxygen concentrator helps to reduce noise to a certain extent, providing the user with added comfort while using it for extended periods.
- The Molecular Sieves use the Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) technique to produce pure oxygen when filtered air passes through one of the Molecular Sieves.
- Under typical environmental conditions, the Sieve Bed Life is approximately 10,000 working hours.
- The flow range of the Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator HG-503 is 1 to 5LPM.
- The flow rate level can be changed by the user as needed. Up to 5LPM of flow is the highest recommended rate.
- The sophisticated apparatus known as the Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator (HG-503) was created especially for domestic use.
- The equipment that separates oxygen from the air in your room is electronically powered. It also provides a significant accumulation of oxygen.
- According to various clinical surveys, oxygen concentrators are similar to other oxygen distribution systems. It comes along with a user manual that makes Its functioning and usage easy to comprehend for the user.
- The oxygen concentrator comes with a 24-month off-site warranty. To avail of the same, the customers have to register the product within 15 days from the date of purchase.
Patients who require additional oxygen are aware that it can occasionally be difficult to obtain the oxygen they need. Because they are conscious of this, Invacare created the Platinum Mobile Oxygen Concentrator with every feature customized to fit your needs and way of life. The Invacare Platinum Mobile Oxygen Concentrator is designed to withstand the rigors and unpredictability of everyday life while being incredibly portable. This device allows you to move around and be as active as you like without restricting you. Durability is yet another area where Invacare Platinum truly excels. This compact unit has been built to be durable and withstand the hardships of daily life.
- The Invacare Platinum is a small, modest device that weighs under 5 pounds.
- Since it is smaller than 10 inches in all dimensions, carrying it won’t make you feel burdened. It comes with a sleek carry bag that can be worn as a backpack for hands-free convenience.
- Additionally, it gives you choices regarding the rates of pulsed oxygen flow. A maximum average of 44 mL of oxygen per minute is accessible in 4 different settings.
- It is a relatively silent device that operates at an average decibel level of 40, which is about the same as a whispered conversation.
- The appliance is built with bottom vents and secure seals, and it can resist up to 10 minutes of direct rain.
- The concentrator has reinforced bumpers to protect the entire unit, and the compressor is enclosed in foam for shock resistance.
- Additionally, the casing doors are built without latches, eliminating any potential weak points.
- It can also function up to 10,000 feet in an atmosphere with no pressure and it has full FAA certification for use in air travel.
- The control buttons are big, simple, and easy to read. You won’t need to be a computer programmer to use this device effectively because there are only 4 buttons.
Considering that it has the largest distribution network and the most service outlets in India for oxygen concentrators, Oxymed Mini 5LPM is one of the top oxygen concentrator brands in the market. The built-in oxygen purity analyzer in the Oxymed Mini allows customers to view the oxygen purity level being given in real-time. At all flow rates, this machine provides oxygen at a purity level of more than 90% at a flow rate of 0.5 to 5 LPM. The most portable Home Oxygen Concentrator, the Oxymed Mini is the second-lightest oxygen concentrator on the market, weighing only 13.9 kg. Because of its small size, the machine can be conveniently moved from one place to another.
- An inbuilt oxygen purity sensor is present.
- The device has a revolving ball-type flow meter in addition to a digital flow meter.
- The Oxymed Mini’s maximum operating altitude is 7500 feet.
- The sound level of the Oxymed Mini Oxygen Concentrator is 45 dB.
- 390 W power is used by the device.
- The device has a digital flow regulator, which allows the flow rate to be changed using the +/- buttons at intervals of 0.5 LPM.
- The Oxymed Mini comes with a built-in nebulizer.
- The device’s outlet pressure is 10 psi.
- The Oxygen Mini’s digital screen displays the hour meter, timer, current flow rate, and oxygen purity.
- The Oxymed Mini oxygen concentrator comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The device’s front wheels include locks that keep it from slipping on the smooth surface.
- Nearly 50 Indian cities are served by the home installation services offered by the Oxymed Company.
The AirSep Focus is a portable concentrator that is incredibly lightweight and doesn’t need to be restocked with oxygen. The portable concentrator is currently the smallest and coolest oxygen concentrator available, weighing less than 2 pounds. The AirSep Focus is the ideal device for travel, high-altitude activities, or hikes because it is just as dependable and robust as larger portable oxygen concentrators and has the same excellent battery life. The AirSep Focus portable oxygen concentrator is renowned for being the smallest and most suitable on the market.
- The two included micro batteries for your AirSep Focus last for up to 3 hours (1.5 hours for each one).
- These are strong lithium-ion batteries that can be recharged while you are seated using an AC/DC power supply.
- It takes roughly 4 hours to fully charge them from 0% to 100%.
- The AirSep Focus has already been approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for use on passenger aircraft, making air travel possible.
- Use the extra AirSep Airbelt battery pack if you need more time to be fully mobile, such as when you are traveling a long distance.
- You can plug in this small battery pack, which can be worn around your waist, to the Focus to extend its battery life by up to 3.5 hours.
- 330 ml/min is the maximum oxygen output.
- The machine’s noise level is only 41 decibels.
- 90% of the air is oxygen, +5.5%, -3%.
- The Focus unit, universal power supply, two micro batteries, user manual, cannulas for the shoulder strap, and carrying bag are included in the AirSep Focus Package.
- Warranty is of Three-year on the unit, one One-year for the Battery, and One-year for accessories.
The Oxlife Independence delivers more than three times the flow of the top POC and has the highest capacity of battery life in its class thanks to the patented EnergySmart technology. You’ll have unlimited oxygen at your leisure when the Oxlife Independence is by your side and you will no longer be restricted by the limitations of tanks. Travel at your leisure to hotels, long drives, cruise ships, and airplanes with this oxygen concentrator. The amount of oxygen given by Oxlife Independence depends on the patient’s needs. You are able to travel with Oxlife Independence on airplanes because the FAA has approved the Oxlife Independence Portable Oxygen Machine. This Oxlife Independence gives customers the independence and quality of life they deserve by offering a high-performance, adaptable alternative to outdated portable oxygen concentrators.
- 3LPM of continuous oxygen flow is required for sound sleep.
- You can switch batteries while the device is running with a two-battery setup.
- No oxygen is lost when a battery is changed.
- The Oxlife Independence is the first smart POC in the world thanks to DNA Technology.
- It has a modern appearance and premium features at a reasonable cost.
- You can set the oxygen pulse mode twice per set.
- FAA certified.
- You will be able to use it anywhere while plugged into a car (DC mode).
- Offers both — a continuous and a pulse mode.
- Utilizes ozone, one of the most effective disinfectants.
- The use of “hot-swapping” batteries is possible with custom split battery configurations.
- The Oxlife Transportable Oxygen Machine, a pull handle and wheels, two portable batteries, an accessory bag, an instruction manual, and a spare intake filter are included in the box.
The portable oxygen machine Inogen is a small device that removes all components other than oxygen from the air around it and then provides it to the patient. A single-solution portable oxygen machine, the Inogen is compact, silent, light, energy-efficient, and incredibly simple to use at home or on a trip. Oxygen therapy has undergone significant change thanks to this new product family. The Inogen Portable Oxygen offers an all-in-one solution for patients who require it, whereas many patients require multiple devices for various uses. It has assisted countless oxygen therapy patients in regaining their independence, freedom, and quality of life.
- A continuous flow of 5LPM of home oxygen.
- There is no other maintenance necessary besides routine filter cleaning.
- More oxygen is delivered during the bolus delivery cycle as your breathing rate slows down.
- It includes a fashionable carry bag that you can use for travel.
- A wall or car charger is available.
- Simple control mechanisms and an LCD display that is simple to read.
- One to five pulse dose settings are offered by intelligent oxygen flow delivery technology.
- Up to 4.5 hours can be obtained from a single battery and up to 9.5 hours from two batteries.
- Inogen G3’s dimensions are 8.75″ long, 3.0″ wide, and 7.25″ high.
- The concentrator weighs 2.2 kg when the battery is included.
- Sound Pressure Level: 39 dB (at setting 2).
- It is designed for non-stop use.
An apparatus that draws oxygen from ambient air is the GVS 5L Medical Oxygen Concentrator. It will typically be an electrically powered molecular sieve (artificial zeolite) that is used to produce pure oxygen by removing nitrogen and other components from the surrounding air. The user manual and installation video are both very simple to use to run this home oxygen therapy device. The use of a medical oxygen concentrator is secure and dependable. It is one of the top oxygen concentrators on the Indian market right now that consistently performs well and is simple to use. It might be used widely in hospitals of all sorts, clinics, health services, and family nursing homes, as well as by mental health professionals, students, and others.
- One patient can get oxygen from the home oxygen concentrator at a constant flow rate of 1 to 5 liters per minute.
- It contains a humidifier that works to add moisture to the air, reducing dryness and preventing throat and nose irritation.
- This device uses 300 W of power.
- The product’s sound level is 43 dB.
- It guarantees to last for 24 months or 5000 hours (whichever is earlier).
- The machine includes an oxygen concentrator machine, Number 2 for oxygen cannula, a bottled Humidifier, outside filters (one with a machine & one extra), Internal Filter (one inside the machine and one extra), a basic machine guide, and a power cable.
- Alarms for low and high pressure, low purity, and temperature (optional) are present.
- It weighs 16 kg (preferable for hospital use).
- Digital pressure, accumulating timing, present timing, and presetting timing are displayed on the LCD display.
Until now, oxygen concentrators have been very similar – heavy, bulky, noisy, or requiring frequent maintenance. EverFlo from Respironics is a unique stationary concentrator that delivers what homecare providers want and patients deserve. EverFlo’s ergonomic design takes up less space and doesn’t draw as much attention. EverFlo is part of Right Fit, a complete portfolio of oxygen products and programs inspired by patients and built for business. EverFlo is available with or without an oxygen purity indicator. This OPI (Oxygen Percentage Indicator) ultrasonically measures oxygen output as a purity indication
- Low maintenance device for less expensive service charge.
- Compact design that does not make it look like typical medical equipment.
- EverFlo is patient-friendly since it uses less power.
- There is no need to change the filter if a patient uses it at their home.
- 350 W is the average power consumption.
- The technology generates less heat because it requires less electricity.
- The Humidifier Bottle platform has an easy-to-use closure and is made to work with all bottle designs.
- Reduces the risk of accidentally breaking the flow meter.
- It has less possibility that the sturdy metal cannula will break.
- For added protection, there is an option for an oxygen purity indicator.
- The liter per minute flow rate of oxygen is 0.5 to 5.
- 5.5 PSI is the outlet pressure.
A highly reputable manufacturer of oxygen concentrator equipment is Yuwell. The patients’ evidence demonstrates that it raised their oxygen saturation level from 93% to 99% in just 10 minutes. This model contains additional safety alarms and a self-diagnosis system. It contains an integrated nebulizer connection, an LCD screen with a timer, and remote control. This oxygen concentrator is compact and lightweight and has a 5 LPM capacity. The German-engineered precision compressor has a service life of more than 30,000 hours. The fact that this concentrator is lightweight and has a sizable top handle to make it simple to transport makes it a great choice for rental use.
- With a capacity of 5 Liters/minute, this oxygen concentrator is compact and lightweight.
- Even at a flow rate of 5 liters per minute, oxygen purity is above 90%.
- Net weight: 15.5 kg; the machine has a two-year warranty. Consumables like Sieve Beds and Air Filters are excluded from the warranty.
- Depending on the environment, the Sieve Beds will last for around 7500–9000 hours.
- A 220V power supply is required.
- The noise level is under 52 dB.
- It has a built-in LCD screen with a timer.
- This model includes various safety alarms and a self-diagnosis system.
- Oxygen failure alarm: continually checks the caliber of the oxygen produced.
- In the event of a power outage, an audio alarm will notify the attendant.
- Alarm for high and low pressure.
- Auto-cutoff is present to protect the device from overheating.
- The air inlet filter is simple to clean
Your experience with oxygen therapy could very easily be negatively impacted by a concentrator that is too bulky, too loud or even a machine that lacks the power you require. Once your oxygen requirements have been satisfied by a perfect and portable oxygen concentrator, you can focus on leading an active and healthy lifestyle. For mild cases and post-operative or post-hospital care at home, a maximum of 5 LPM flow concentrator is advised. If the patient requires higher rates of oxygen flow, it is always best to admit the patient to the hospital.
People are also reading:
- Best RO Water Purifiers
- Best Food Processors
- Best Whey Protein Brands
- Best Vitamin Brands
- Best Water Heater Brands
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my body become dependent on Oxygen Concentrator on its regular use?
No, Oxygen is not addictive at all. Many patients are apprehensive regarding this, and try to reduce the usage of the Oxygen Concentrator or avoid it totally. The use of an Oxygen Concentrator is prescribed by doctors when the lungs of any patient have become weak, and the 21% oxygen supply of normal air is not enough for the lungs to supply the required amount of oxygen to the blood.
2. What is the difference between Pulse Flow and Continuous Flow?
Oxygen concentrators are of two types: pulse flow concentrators and continuous flow concentrators. Continuous flow is like an oxygen tank or liquid oxygen tank that supplies a constant stream of oxygen that is measured in liters per minute (LPM).
Pulse flow machines are more advanced with the ability to measure your breathing rate. When a person inhales, the pulse dose machine will put out a small dose of oxygen called a “bolus”. Pulse flow concentrators are smaller and lighter than continuous flow oxygen concentrators.
3. Can I use more than the prescribed amount of Oxygen?
No, using more than prescribed oxygen can cause Oxygen toxicity/Oxygen poisoning in the body. This may cause damage to the eyes, alveolar damage, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), destruction of neurons, etc.
4. What is the maximum concentration of oxygen that can be achieved with the concentrator?
Up to 94%.
5. What kind of maintenance is required for the oxygen concentrator?
Oxygen concentrators are easy to maintain. The coarse filter needs to be washed daily. Also, replace the other filters as instructed by the manufacturer in the user manual that comes with the oxygen concentrator. The filters may also be changed depending on local conditions such as dust, humidity, pollution, etc. Skilled mechanical maintenance is needed only once a year. The bacterial filter which is located before the oxygen outlet of the concentrator must be changed every year, or more frequently, depending on the amount of use of the concentrator. Every concentrator comes with an hour meter to record the working hours for service purposes.
6. What are the Precautions during usage of the oxygen concentrator?
The oxygen concentrator should be placed as far away from the window as possible to avoid dust and moisture, and open flames also. It should not be used to deliver oxygen through the head box or face mask. Always use a cannula. Keep an oxygen cylinder as a backup oxygen supply system in case of prolonged power failure.
7. Can the portable Oxygen Concentrator be used while sleeping?
Yes, Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) can be used while sleeping. However, it is recommended to use the Pulse mode, not the Continuous mode. In Pulse mode, POCs will work as long as you breathe through your nose, and that too with sufficient pressure to trigger a breath in the machine. It is recommended to use POC with high sensitivity as during sleep the triggering pressure of each breath drops.
Continuous mode is also recommended for patients who after falling asleep use their mouth for breathing. Therefore, consult your physician before using a particular POC for sleep.