Some travel to beat the monotony of daily life and reconnect with nature. Others do so to explore the history and culture of a new place or strengthen familial bonds. Regardless of your reason to travel, our comprehensive list of the best places to visit in the world keeps you covered.
20 Best Places to Visit in the World
There’s simply no shortage of exotic locations throughout the world. Therefore, compiling a list of the finest may be challenging. However, Team Duniakagyan has done the hard work for you. From cultural attractions, we considered everything that matters to compile the list. So, it’s authentic and helpful for all types of vacationers. Here’s the list of the best 20 vacation spots in the world.
Paris tops the bucket lists of perhaps every vacationer. The ‘City of Light’ enthralls you with its charm, making it a perfect holiday destination to cherish forever. Paris provides everything, from spectacular locales and fascinating ambiance to delightful Cuisine. The iconic Eiffel Tower comes first in mind when Paris is being talked about. But it’s not the only landmark in the French Capital.
The Louvre – the world’s largest art museum is also a sight to behold. It houses the famous Mona Lisa painting. Besides, the city has a fair share of holy churches, graceful art galleries, bridges, Disneyland, and other architectural splendors. Besides walking, the Parisian metro and kick scooters are the finest ways to explore the city. Café Père & Fils, Florence Kahn, ISTR, Jeanne A, King Falafel Place, etc., are some of the best-suggested places to eat and dine in Paris.
Top 5 Places in Paris
- Eiffel Tower
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- The Louvre Museum
- Montmartre – Wall of Love
- Moulin Rouge
Top 5 Hotels in Paris
- The Marais
- Hotel d’Orsay – Esprit de France
- Hotel Moliere
- Hotel La Tamis-Esprit de France
- Relais Sainte-Honore
5 Things to Do in Paris
- Relax at Luxembourg Gardens (Jardin du Luxembourg)
- Visit Musée d’Orsay
- Explore Palais Garnier – Opera National de Paris
- Enjoy at Jardin des Tuileries
- Stroll through medieval Paris at Le Marais
The next place to hit the list is London. Why? Well, London is a global city with a rich history and culture. The English city is the country’s largest metropolis and an economic, educational, and cultural hub. Situated on the banks of the Thames River, London offers pretty pink eateries, futuristic space-age bathrooms, and fantastic skyline vistas to stop you in your tracks.
When in London, don’t forget to pay a visit to the royal Buckingham Palace and the magnificent London Eye. Both landmarks are a sight to behold. If you are a harry-potter fan, then Warner Bros. Studio would exceed your expectations. Founded in 1835, Madame Tussauds is a famous wax museum that draws legions of visitors each year from the world over. At Madame Tussauds, the life-size wax statues of some of the most incredible people would leave you speechless.
If you plan a family tour, London has numerous kid-friendly places to stop by, such as KidZania. Kids can role-play adult jobs in this indoor family entertainment center and make money. A full-day panoramic bus trip is also available. The city takes on an entirely different look at night, which you can enjoy from an open-top bus. Some of the city’s well-known eateries include Popham, London Fields, Sambal Shiok, Holloway, Crème, Soho, and The Barge House.
Top 5 Places in London
- The London Tower
- Tower Bridge
- The British Museum
- Big Ben and Parliament
- National Gallery
Top 5 Hotels in London
- The Milestone Hotel & Residences
- The Stafford London
- The Lanesborough
- The Egerton House Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
5 Things to Do in London
- Visit British Museum
- Explore the Tower of London
- Enjoy food at Borough Market
- Relax at St. James’ Park
- Take a tour of Buckingham Palace
3. NEW YORK CITY
One of the best places to visit in the world, New York city offers lovely scenery, world-class cuisines, and metropolitan culture. Therefore, it comes across as one of the best places to go for vacations in the world for any vacationer. The city features five boroughs, each offering its local flavor.
The nightlife in the city is simply amazing. The Big Apple treats you with breathtaking structures like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park, the Empire State Building, and many more. So, if you wish to break the monotony of routine life, New York is the place to be in.
New York City has a developed public transportation system comprising subways, buses, and ferries. Thankfully, most lines operate 24 hours a day. So, commutation isn’t such an issue here.
Some must-try dishes in NYC include the Porterhouse from Peter Luger Steakhouse and the Classic from Di Fara Pizza. Also, you can try the Pork Bun from Momofuku Noodle Bar, the Cronut from Dominique Ansel Bakery, and the Soft Pretzel.
5 Top Places in New York City
- Statue of Liberty
- Ellis Island
- Central Park
- Little Italy and Chinatown
- Brooklyn Bridge
Top 5 Hotels in New York City
- The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
- The Peninsula New York
- Park Hyatt New York
- Baccarat Hotel New York
- The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue
5 Things to Do in New York City
- Exercise or dine at the Central Park
- Explore the exhibits at the American Museum of Natural History
- Observe the city from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Enjoy the glory of St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Bryant Park
You cannot escape the beauty of Kashmir, the “Paradise on Earth”. Get ready to enjoy unparalleled scenic views of snow-clad mountains with your family or friends in Kashmir. The two gardens, Shalimar Bagh and Nishat Bagh, are major tourist attractions. The city of lakes, Srinagar, allures numerous tourists annually. Feel free to go trekking, water skiing, and boating in Srinagar.
With flourishing greenery, Gulmarg is again a stunning place to visit. If you are a spiritual person, Vaishno Devi could be your destination. For local sightseeing and excursions outside of Srinagar, taxis are readily accessible. In Kashmir, minibusses are the preferred mode of local transportation.
You can enjoy some mouth-watering non-vegetarian cuisines in Srinagar. Meatballs, known as “Rista,” are a must-try. Try Tabak Maz, mutton curry, and spicy fried red pork ribs. If you are a vegetarian, recipes like Paneer and roasted potato are for you.
Top 5 Places in Kashmir
- Dal Lake
- Shankaracharya Temple
- Pari Mahal
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden
- Hari Parbat
Top 5 Hotels in Kashmir
- Lalit Grand Palace, Srinagar
- Vivanta Dal View, Srinagar
- Mascot Houseboat, Srinagar
- Radisson Hotel, Srinagar
- The Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa, Gulmarg
5 Things to Do in Kashmir
- Shikara rides on the serene waters of Dal Lake
- Trekking of Kashmir Great Lakes
- Gondola ride in Gulmarg
- Skiing at Shark Fin in Gulmarg
- Experience the thrill of paragliding in Nathatop, Batote, or Sanasar
5. NIAGARA FALLS, CANADA/USA
Niagara Falls should be on your bucket list if you are a waterfall chaser. They are the most famous waterfall in the world because of their awe-inspiring beauty. Niagara Falls comprises three waterfalls – the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls, and the Bridal Veil Falls. About 57 m high and 790 m wide, the Horseshoe Falls is the largest and most powerful. These falls resulted from the Wisconsin glaciations some 10,000 years ago.
The Niagara Gorge begins with the falls and stretches about 5.5 miles (9 kilometers) to the north. On both banks of the Niagara River, the gorge is accessible from different places along the Niagara Parkway. The area is also home to some of North America’s most sought-after hiking paths. The “Maid of the Mist” boat cruise is another attraction you cannot afford to miss here.
Top 5 Places in Canada
- Niagara Falls
- Whistler Ski Resort
- Quebec City
- St. John’s
Top 5 Hotels in Canada
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia
- Ritz-Carlton Montréal
- Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Auberge Saint-Antoine
- Fogo Island Inn
5 Things to Do in Canada
- Enjoy skiing or hiking at Banff National Park
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Jasper National Park
- Explore Vancouver city
- Get a taste of Europe in Old Montreal
- Experience the picturesque beauty of centuries-old buildings at Old Quebec City
6. NEW ORLEANS
New Orleans makes it to the list of the best places to visit in the world for its wonders of art, music, history, and architecture. Just stroll in this vibrant city’s streets; the street music and joyous and celebratory vibes will keep you awe-struck. Since it’s also the melting pot of French, African, and American traditions, you can expect a unique, assimilative culture.
The historical street of Bourbon is the heart of the French Quarter. Every winter, the “Big Easy” hosts Mardi Gras – a carnival known for weird costumed processions and street parties. Don’t miss the French Quarter, Jackson Square, and the Preservation Hall in New Orleans.
Round-the-clock nightlife and delectable, spicy cuisines would keep you in high spirits. Walking and public transit are the best methods to explore New Orleans. The city’s neighborhoods are small and tight, which makes them ideal for sightseeing strolls.
Top 5 Places in New Orleans
- Bourbon Street
- French Quarter
- Voodoo Museum
- Moonwalk Riverside Promenade
- Multiple Museums
Top 5 Hotels in New Orleans
- Henry Howard Hotel
- Hotel Peter & Paul
- The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Audubon Cottages
- Pontchartrain Hotel
5 Things to Do in New Orleans
- Be a part of the Jazz & Heritage Festival
- Have fun at Mardi Gras carnival
- Enjoy the French Quarter Festival
- Walk with the dead at Voodoo Museum
- Explore the glorious past of the city
One of the best places to visit in the world, Rome is a dream destination for everyone. The “Eternal City” is like a massive, living museum. Thousands of years of history are submerged in and around the city. It’s a small city, so a three-day schedule would be sufficient to explore it all.
Besides awe-inspiring history, Rome is also known for its extraordinary architecture, breathtaking landscapes, mouth-watering delicacies, vibrant nightlife, and more.
The Colosseum is an exquisite landmark with lots of history. It is one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Trevi Fountain is one of the most renowned fountains internationally. The smallest city in the world, Vatican City, is also located here. St. Peter’s Basilica is one of the most iconic buildings in Vatican City, built in the renaissance style.
Walking around Rome is the most significant way to savor the sights. Walking makes sense because many of the finest sights are concentrated in traffic-free areas. However, specific destinations, such as Vatican City, are located outside the historic center. You would require the metro or a cab to access them.
Top 5 Places in Rome
- The Colosseum
- The Roman Forum
- Trevi Fountain
- St. Peter’s Basilica
Top 5 Hotels in Rome
- Hotel Raphael – Relais Châteaux
- Gran Melia Rome
- Aleph Rome Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
5 Things to Do in Rome
- Appreciate the beauty and history of the Colosseum
- Explore Rome’s glorious history at the Roman Forum
- Enjoy the serene environment at the Palatine Hill
- Take a stroll around St Peter’s Square
- Appreciate the true beauty of St Peter’s Basilica
Forget the stereotypes of smoking shops and flashing red lights. Amsterdam has much more to offer than just this. This city has everything, from floating flower shops to bohemian districts. Amsterdam’s main attractions are its deep canals that were constructed in the 17th century.
The city is well known for its nightlife and festivities, while cycling is the essence of its character. Vondelpark is the most visited park, with several to-do fun activities. The other tourist attractions include the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, the Amsterdam Museum, and the Royal Palace.
The majority of Amsterdam can be explored on foot or by bicycle. But people riding the clanging trams that weave through the city streets are a common sight. The underground Metro is a good option if you’re going to a far-flung location. Buses are likely to be used less regularly. GVB Amsterdam, the city’s public transportation system, is entirely cashless.
Top 5 Places in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Centraal Station
- Anne Frank House
- Dam square
- Heineken Experience
- I Amsterdam City
Top 5 Hotels in Amsterdam
- Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Ambassade Hotel
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
5 Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Get lost in the arty narrow streets of Jordaan
- Enjoy Canal Cruise
- Hope on a cycle and head to explore the hidden gems around Amsterdam
- Explore the rich landscape of gorgeous countryside, beaches, windmills, and historic towns
- Taste the local beer at a historic brewery
For centuries, Egypt and its ancient culture have enthralled and intrigued visitors. From the sand-covered tombs of the bygone era to the dry, desolate Sahara desert, there’s a lot you can explore in Egypt. Guarded by the great sphinx, the Pyramids of Giza are a crowd puller. This ancient structure is a masterpiece with massive size, astonishing build quality, and architecture.
Cairo’s museum is another tourist hotspot. The museum houses so much, from the eternal glory of King Tutankhamun to dazzling pieces of ancient art and statues. With a remarkable history, the city of Alexandria is also a must-visit.
Feel free to dance with the Pharaohs and Mummies or go on a day cruise on the Nile’s longest river. Unsurprisingly, the land of mysteries comes across as one of the best places to visit in the world.
Top 5 Places in Egypt
- Pyramids of Giza
- Great Sphinx of Giza
- Luxor’s Temples & Tombs
- Abu Simbel
- Aquarium Grotto Garden
Top 5 Hotels in Egypt
- La Maison Bleue El Gouna
- Steigenberger Alcazar Sharm El Sheikh
- The St. Regis
- Sofitel Legend Old Cataract
- Kempinski Nile Hotel
5 Things to Do in Egypt
- Cruise the Nile
- Soak up the chilled-out atmosphere of Aswan
- Enjoy the underwater beauty of the Red Sea
- Explore Islamic Cairo
- Enjoy the highly scenic environment of the White Desert National Park
10. NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is blessed with spectacular natural beauty. The island nation is a vacationer’s delight. Also, the inhabitants are friendly enough to make you feel at home. It even served as the filming site for many blockbusters, including the Lord of the Rings.
New Zealand’s biodiversity is incredible. Surprisingly, it’s considered one of the last locations on the planet to have human residents. The country comprises two main islands – North Island and South Island.
Begin your journey in Auckland, the capital city with a rich culture and history. You can spend some time at the beach in Waitemata Harbour. The beach features stunning locales and a variety of sailing and boating excursions. Visit Rotorua to experience the indigenous Maori culture. Sample a diverse selection of outdoor activities at Queenstown for some adrenaline-pumping action.
The country has a robust transportation system, allowing you to tour without owning a car. New Zealand is a tiny country, and much of it remains inaccessible.
Top 5 Places in New Zealand
- Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound, South Island
- Bay of Islands, North Island
- Queenstown, South Island
- Lake Taupo and Tongariro National Park, North Island
- Rotorua, North Island
Top 5 Hotels in New Zealand
- The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Minaret Station
- Helena Bay Lodge
- Matakauri Lodge
- Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses
5 Things to Do in New Zealand
- Enjoy adventure activities in Queenstown
- Taste the finest wines on Waiheke Island
- Experience Maori culture and hospitality in Rotorua
- Set Sail in the Bay of Islands
- Climb a Volcanic Island
11. Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, offers everything a tourist expects while on vacation. Colorful and magical, the city attracts a large number of tourists yearly for its majestic locales, palaces, temples, vibrant nightlife, and shopping districts. Even the food scene is a big crowd-puller.
Bangkok can be noisy and crowded for some, but it’s a city that fascinates those who want to experience Southeast Asia’s tension between the developed and the developing worlds. The people of Bangkok follow Buddhism, and the temples here serve as cultural centers for the locals.
Also, Bangkok is the gateway to other tourist attractions of Thailand, such as Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui, and more.
Top 5 Places in Bangkok
- The Grand Palace
- Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan
- Chao Phraya River
- Lumphini Park
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World
Top 5 Hotels in Bangkok
- The Peninsula Bangkok
- Shangri-La Hotel
- The Sukhothai
- The Okura Prestige
- The Siam
5 Things to Do in Bangkok
- Admire the Beauty of the Grand Palace
- Pay a visit to Wat Traimit, the temple of the Golden Buddha
- Explore Thailand’s fascinating ancient and contemporary history at National Museum & Wang Na Palace
- Buy Authentic Souvenirs at Chatuchak Market
- Take a stroll through Khao San Road
12. Rothenburg, Germany
Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a well-preserved and charming medieval old town that enchants and captivates. Its impressive history dates back around 800 years, making it one of the best places to visit in the world for history buffs. Christmas shopping is also something you will like to indulge in here.
Attracting tourists from around the world, Rothenburg is one of the only three places in Germany whose city fortress walls remain intact. It is dotted with timber-framed houses and cobblestone paths that take you back into the era gone by. Don’t forget to visit the architectural wonders of Rathaus and the Marktplatz. The Medieval Crime and Justice Museum shouldn’t skip your radar, either.
Top 5 Places in Rothenburg
- The Old Town
- St. James’s Church
- Rothenburg Town Hall
- The Old Town Walls
Top 5 Hotels in Rothenburg
- Hotel-Gasthof Goldener Greifen
- Romantik Hotel Markusturm
- Gästehaus am Plönlein
- Burg Hotel
- Altfraenkische Weinstube
5 Things to Do in Rothenburg
- Learn about the city’s unique history by taking the Night Watchman Tour
- Take a selfie with the picturesque Plonlein square as the backdrop
- Take a stroll through the walls and towers of the city
- Visit the German Christmas Museum to enjoy the year-round Christmas cheer
- Visit The Historical Vault, or Rothenburg Dungeon, a museum built over an ancient prison
13. Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Angkor Wat is Cambodia’s most famous tourist attraction in the UNESCO-listed Angkor Archaeological Park. In the Cambodian language, Angkor Wat means ‘City of Temples’. It is the largest religious complex in the world and the perfect amalgamation of symbolism and symmetry. The complex is covered with intricately carved motifs and statues.
The temple is the heart and soul of Cambodia. Considered the nation’s pride, Angkor Wat was never abandoned and has been in continuous use since it was built.
Top 5 Places in Angkor Wat
- Angkor Archaeological Park
- Angkor Thom
- Banteay Srei
- Ta Prohm
Top 5 Hotels in Angkor Wat
- Sojourn Boutique Villas
- Sala Lodges
- Navutu Dreams Resort and Spa
- Hotel Be Angkor
- FCC Angkor
5 Things to Do in Angkor Wat
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Angkor Wat complex
- Visit the south gate of Angkor Thom
- Visit Angkor Thom
- Bayon Temple
- Terrace of the Elephants
14. Bali, Indonesia
The tropical island of Bali is like a paradise for tourists who seek luxury and those on a budget tour. Bali has something for every kind of traveler – waterfalls, cliffs, volcanoes, jungles, temples, rice terraces, and beaches, along with an infinite number of restaurants and spas.
Aptly named the ‘island of temples, Bali has countless beautiful temples, and colorful shrines, surrounded by exotic nature and wildlife.
Top 5 Places in Bali
- Pura Tanah Lot
- Mount Batur
- Uluwatu Temple
- Ubud Monkey Forest
- Tegallalang and Jatiluwih Rice Terraces
Top 5 Hotels in Bali
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
- The Kayon Resort by Pramana
- The Legian Seminyak, Bali
- Ini Vie Villa
- Hotel Terrace at Kuta
5 Things to Do in Bali
- Explore wildlife at Ubud Monkey Forest
- Mount Batur hike
- Snorkeling at Nusa Lembongan
- Witness the Beautiful Tegenungan Waterfall
- Surfing at Kuta
Also Read: Things to Do in Indonesia
In Singapore, you can experience both – a quaint fishing village and one of the world’s most developed urban centers. As Singapore is dotted with trees, hence, the moniker “Garden City.”
Just experience the delicious food, picturesque sightseeing, adventurous activities, and splendid charm. Like millions of tourists worldwide, you will come back for more. And, it is as crime free as you would want the best places in the world to be. Wonderful.
Top 5 Places in Singapore
- Garden by the Bay
- Marina Bay Sands
- Singapore Flyer
Top 5 Hotels in Singapore
- Shangri-La Singapore
- Raffles Singapore
- Capella Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands
5 Things to Do in Singapore
- Enjoy the light show at Gardens by the Bay
- Get close to wildlife during the night at Singapore Zoo
- Take a stroll over the trees at MacRitchie Treetop Walk to see wildlife in their natural habitat
- Take an aerial view of Singapore while enjoying the Singapore Flyer ride
- Buy souvenirs from Chinatown
16. Madrid, Spain
Travelers from all over the world visit Spain for a laid-back, relaxing experience. However, Madrid, the capital city of Spain, is not a place for lazing about. Whether you are on a crazy trip with your friends, on a family vacation, or your honeymoon, Madrid city has something for everyone. One can spend hours gazing at the architectural marvels, exploring the world-class art museums, taking a stroll through the sprawling green parks, or enjoying a drink at tapas bars. Almost all the popular tourist destinations of Madrid are centrally located.
Top 5 Places in Madrid
- Plaza Mayor
- Royal Palace of Madrid
- Royal Chapel of St. Anthony of La Florida
- Buen Retiro Park
- Palacio de Cristal
Top 5 Hotels in Madrid
- Barrio de Las Letras
- Catalonia Las Cortes
- Hostal Alexis Madrid
- Catalonia Atocha
- Posada del León de Oro Boutique Hotel
5 Things to Do in Madrid
- Enjoy paddling on the Grand Pond at Retiro Park
- Have a close look at the royal collection at the Royal Palace
- Check out a Picasso masterpiece at the Reina Sofía
- Enjoy art and markets at Matadero Madrid
- Take a walk along the Gran Via to get a sense of Madrid city
17. Sydney, Australia
Sydney has everything you need to make your vacations memorable – natural beauty, rich heritage, a history that dates back thousands of years, and world-class culinary and cultural offerings. The city is always bustling with activities. With over 4 million citizens, Sydney is the largest city in Australia. Every year it attracts more than 32 million visitors from around the world. The food on offer is delicious in Sydney, and it is also a great place to shop.
Top 5 Places in Sydney
- Sydney Opera House
- Darling Harbor
- Royal Botanic Garden
- Queen Victoria Building
- Sydney Tower Eye
Top 5 Hotels in Sydney
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbor
- Crown Towers
- Park Hyatt Sydney
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Pier One Sydney Harbor, Autograph Collection
5 Things to Do in Sydney
- Explore the functioning of the Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of Parramatta river at Stroll Darling Harbor
- Souvenirs shopping at the iconic Paddy’s Markets
- Hang out at Bondi Beach
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens
Malaysia is a unique Southeast Asian nation known for its different languages and cultures. It is home to tropical islands, beautiful coastlines, coral reefs, humid rainforests, heritage sites, adventure spots, ancient customs and traditions, and culture with a dash of modernity. All this ensures that you will have a great time in Malaysia.
Top 5 Places in Malaysia
- Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur
- Sipadan Island
- Taman Negara National Park
- Johor Bahru
Top 5 Hotels in Malaysia
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Danna Langkawi
- Gaya Island Resort
- Pangkor Laut Resort
- Hotel Jen Penang
5 Things to Do in Malaysia
- Relax and rejuvenate at Langkawi Island
- Explore the LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort
- Enjoy wildlife in its natural habitat at Kinabatangan
- Hike Mount Kinabalu
- Enjoy the beauty and serenity of Pangkor Island
19. Budapest, Hungary
Budapest is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It has been a popular tourist destination for an extended period. Being the capital of Hungary, Budapest boasts a long and glorious history. The city has historical monuments, astounding architecture, and fascinating museums. Budapest is also known for its hot springs and is also called the ‘City of Spas’.
Besides all these tourist attractions, Budapest is well-known for its colorful nightlife.
Top 5 Places in Budapest
- Buda Castle
- Hungarian Parliament Building
- Andrássy Avenue
- Margaret Island
- Szechenyi Bath
Top 5 Hotels in Budapest
- Hotel Clark Budapest
- Meininger Budapest
- Kempinski Budapest
- Maison Bistro Budapest
- Moments Budapest
5 Things to Do in Budapest
- Enjoy the Hungarian Folk Show at the Danube Palace
- Take a historic culinary tour at the Budapest Chocolate Museum
- Admire the architecture of St Stephen’s Basilica
- Take a plunge into Széchenyi Thermal Baths
- See the Neo-Renaissance architecture of the Hungarian State Opera House
20. Istanbul, Turkey
Located on the banks of the Bosphorus, Istanbul is the largest city in Europe. This capital city of Turkey has long been considered the place where East meets West. The city blends its history and culture so well that it has many things to offer tourists worldwide.
As the city has been ruled by three empires, the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman, it’s home to a unique blend of Christian and Islamic architecture. One can admire the mosques, churches, museums, and palaces for their architecture or enjoy the fresh fish while cruising the Bosphorus strait. For friends on vacation, Istanbul offers world-class restaurants and electrifying nightclubs to enjoy their evenings.
Top 5 Places in Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia
- Blue Mosque
- Topkapi Palace
- Grand Bazar
- Dolmabahce Palace
Top 5 Hotels in Istanbul
- Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
- Raffles Istanbul
- Çiragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
- The St. Regis Istanbul
- Tomtom Suites
5 Things to Do in Istanbul
- Admire the marvelous architecture of Hagia Sophia
- Cruise the Bosphorus to enjoy some scenic views
- Go shopping at Grand Bazaar
- Visit the Topkapi Palace
- Explore the Basilica Cistern
Now that your bucket list is ready, it’s time to explore. At Duniakagyan, we handpicked the best places to visit in the world upon careful evaluation. So, pack your bags and satisfy your wanderlust without a bother.
People are also reading:
- 10 Tallest Statues in the World
- Top 10 Cleanest City in the World
- Top 10 Historical Places in the world
- 10 Best Honeymoon Places in the World
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the No one tourist destination in the world?
According to the most recent figures provided by UNWTO, France is the world’s number one tourist destination, with around 90 million visitors in 2018.
2. Where is the prettiest place in the world?
According to Forbes, Peyto Lake in Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada, is the prettiest place in the world due to its stunning color from the glacier water feeding the lake.
3. Which country is most prevalent?
France is the most popular and most-visited country in the world. In 2018, 89.4 million foreign tourists visited the country. As per estimates, it will have hit 100 million tourists by the end of 2020. Paris, the capital of France, attracted more than 40 million visitors in 2018 and is the world’s third most-visited city.
4. What is the most visited city on earth?
Bangkok is the most visited city on planet Earth. As per a study by Mastercard predicting visitor growth, Bangkok is estimated to receive approximately 22 million international visitors in 2022.
5. Which country sends the most tourists?
According to Mastercard’s Global Destination Cities Index, most tourists worldwide are from the United States, followed by China in the second position.
6. What country is the least visited?
According to CNN Travel, the tiny nation of Tuvalu is the least-visited country in the world. The country comprises more than 100 tiny islands scattered across the south pacific. There is only one airport on the main island of Funafuti. The other islands can be reached by passenger ferries from Funafuti.
7. Which country should one not visit?
Per the travel advisories of various countries, one should never visit North Korea. The reason provided is the high risk of arrest and long-term detention.
8. What is the safest country in the world?
As per Global Peace Index, Iceland is the safest country to visit regarding safety and security, ongoing conflict, and militarization.
9. What is the hottest country in the world?
With an average annual temperature of 83.89°F (28.83°C), Mali is the hottest country in the world. Mali is located in West Africa and shares its borders with Burkina Faso and Senegal.
10. Which country rejects visas the most?
Malta is the country with the highest rate of visa refusals. In 2017, the country rejected 9,557 out of 37,881 visa applications, i.e., 25.23%. The visa rejection rates were 21.13% in 2016 and 25.2% in 2015.