Hand sewing takes a long time to complete, whereas machine sewing is much faster. So, investing in a sewing machine can make your life simple. This is useful if you need to finish a sewing project quickly. When it comes to sewing as a business, time is very important. The sooner you complete your task in hand, the earlier you can begin your next project. Hand sewing cannot produce neater and more accurate stitches than sewing on a sewing machine. Because hand sewing is purely manual labor, this may not be the case.
Today’s market is bubbling with options, and choosing one product from the plethora is a difficult task. So, we have rounded up the 10 best sewing machines for you based on their features.
Things you should consider before buying a sewing machine:
- Price: Your budget is an important consideration when choosing a sewing machine to avoid spending more money on a sewing machine that may later affect your pocket.
- The Number of Stitches: All sewing machines include a basic set of stitch patterns that should be definitely considered to get various options for stitching. A good product with a stitch count of 8 is found to be reliable (6 basics, 1 decorative, and 1 for buttonhole).
- Construction Quality: Using a high-quality and durable build-up material makes the job easier and the product more durable and dependable.
- Speed: The SPM (Stitches Per Minute) is another consideration. A basic speed of 600 SPM is recommended to ensure strong stitches.
- Presser feet: A presser foot improves usability and increases productivity.
- Noise: For a stress-free work environment, choose a machine that produces less noise. Noisy products make work more difficult and misleading.
- Additional characteristics: Other features to consider when buying a sewing machine include free-to-arm, automatic support, LED/LCD light and display, size and weight, after-sales services, stitching applications, and so on.
- Electric, manual, or computerized sewing machine: Each type of sewing machine serves different purposes and is intended for different types of users. An electrical sewing machine is ideal for casual designers, whereas a mechanical sewing machine would be a good choice for elderly people for day-to-day stitching and mending. Computerized sewing machines are mainly for professionals.
10 Best Sewing Machines
The Usha Janome Dream Stitch is extremely popular in the Indian market! It is undoubtedly the most popular sewing machine under Rs. 10,000 in India. It has a user-friendly design and weighs only 5.98kg. At this price, the stitch quality is unbeatable. This automatic zig-zag cloth-making machine is popular among teens, housewives, learners, and apparel makers due to its low cost.
- Visibility is guaranteed in low light conditions, thanks to a bright enough sewing light.
- Thread tension control is available to guarantee that the thread-breaking problem does not occur while sewing.
- This free-arm model also has zig-zag stitching.
- All the systems of this machine work seamlessly, making it the best lowest-priced automatic sewing machine in India.
- All stitch options have good stitch quality.
- You can easily mend garments of various fabrics.
- Circular stitching with this machine is easy due to its convenient shape and free arm convenience.
- You get a color-coded functional faceplate and two knobs for adjusting stitch length and pattern.
- In addition to the 7 built-in stitches, there are 14 programs that allow you to try out different functions while sewing.
- Extra high-pressure foot lifts and auto trip bobbin winders are extremely useful.
When your sewing machine budget is around Rs. 10,000, nothing beats the “Usha Janome Dream Stitch Electric Machine”. It is extremely convenient and dependable because the features are more than adequate for the price, and the function is very simple. It’s a true boon for beginners. So, without further hesitation, purchase the Usha Janome Dream Stitch, and you will learn to sew faster than with other machines.
You might be wondering which sewing machine is best for making clothes in India. Experts are divided on different brand choices with very costly sewing machines, but considering the price range, Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic is one of the best and most versatile sewing machines on the market. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic is the best versatile machine for home use. You can easily buy Usha sewing machines from online stores.
- You can use a free arm to help you with cylindrical stitching.
- It’s a straight/zig-zag stitching machine that’s easy to use by both experienced and inexperienced sewers.
- This model includes two useful knobs for making adjustments to stitch length and pattern choice.
- One-step buttonholing can save a significant amount of time.
- By adjusting the presser foot dial, you can achieve premium stitch quality with any fabric.
- Beginners appreciate automatic needle threading and twin needle capacity.
- You have a lot of design options, and there are 23 built-in stitches to help you add creativity to the garment you make.
- The weight of the Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic is 10.1 kg due to its aluminum die-cast body.
- This machine can also stitch at a very low speed, which is very helpful for beginners who simply lack the hand balance required for perfect sewing.
- Even after using it for several hours, this machine does not heat up very much.
Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic is one of the ideal sewing machines for those housewives who not only need to repair ripped clothes for their families but also want to start a sewing business from home and earn money. If you purchase Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic, you will undoubtedly have a wonderful sewing experience. Most importantly, if you spend some time on this machine and learn a few basic lessons, it won’t take long for you to become an expert and start a home-based garment sewing business. Usha Janome Stitch Magic sewing machine is suitable for all sewers due to its long-running capabilities and powerful motor.
The Brother CS6000i has always dominated the American market, and it is now popular in India as well, and no other sewing machine can compete with its productivity! It is the best heavy-duty model available, with a 90% success rate and over 8000 customer reviews. The Brother CS6000i sewing machine is ideal for all types of sewers. It can be bought as a hobby machine, but it can also be used as a professional tool as your skills develop. This machine is extremely well-made. If you buy it as an amateur to learn on, this machine will serve you even if you become a professional or an expert years later.
- The machine is so versatile and long-lasting that you’ll never have to purchase another sewing machine.
- It is the best heavy-duty sewing machine for beginners due to its ease of use, as it handles everything perfectly without causing any confusion in operation.
- The width of the quilting table gives the sewer enough space to do perfect free-motion quilting. It indirectly improves your sewing speed.
- This machine provides a plethora of options, and your creativity will not be limited.
- Most importantly, you have access to 60 built-in stitches, which allows for a great deal of creativity.
- It also does not cause excessive stitching noise.
- The machine can sew leather, thick fur, denim, and a variety of other thick/hard materials.
- Pedaling is convenient because your legs will not be strained as they are with most sewing machines.
- Because of its ultra-convenient design, the Brother CS6000i makes cylindrical sewing effortless.
Brother’s little beast is truly amazing as it has a lot of features and is very simple to use. With a stitching speed of 850 stitches per minute, you can sew quickly and perfectly like a pro. The settings and adjustments of the Brother CS6000i will never baffle a newbie. Aside from that, no pro-level sewer ever complained about any missing features or fewer creative options. The Brother CS6000i sewing machine does not cause any inconvenience! It is, without a doubt, the best sewing machine mentioned here.
This is one of the most dependable sewing machines available to professionals. The Janome sewing machine is ideal for those seeking a simple and comfortable option for front-loading bobbins and other free arms for circular stitching. The machine was designed to give users the benefits of manual tension control. It is a part of a trusted brand; customers can rely on the high-quality and trustable performance of the Janome sewing machine.
- It can stitch at a maximum speed of 1000 SPM to achieve immediate stitching results.
- Thread tension can be adjusted by the user.
- It can be simple to use and dependable.
- The mechanical sewing machine includes reverse stitching, a manual threading system, and automatic bobbin winding
- This machine can be used to create a variety of stitching options.
- It provides 12 stitch options as well as a 4-step buttonhole process.
- The stitch length can be adjusted to a maximum of 4 millimeters, with the ability to reverse the stitch length in the range of 0-2.5 millimeters.
In terms of looks, the machine has the professional appearance you desire. This is a self-sufficient machine that allows you to easily complete all of your stitching requirements and fixations. The system includes length and width adjustments that can provide users with the most comfort and convenience. You can also benefit from drop feed for quilting and free-motion sewing. It’s a heavy-duty machine but you can transport it from one place to another without breaking it.
Singer’s Promise 1408 is the most affordable sewing machine presented on this list, and as the name suggests, it is a high-performance model with great potential. Even though it is inexpensive, this machine greatly expands your sewing skills and provides numerous creative possibilities. It is probably the lightest weighing machine on the market and you can carry it easily from one place to another. It is best for beginners or intermediates to learn sewing.
- This model includes 4-step buttonholes as well as 8 built-in stitches, including 1 automatic, 1 decorative, and 6 basic stitches.
- The heavy-duty frame ensures a long service life.
- With a weight of 2.87 kg, this is the lightest sewing machine available for purchase.
- This function is automatic so you get clean stitching and sewing more easily.
- You do not need to manually adjust the stitch width and length.
- The vibration is negligible, therefore the noise level is also extremely low.
- Despite its low price, this sewing machine comes with a plethora of accessories, including four different types of sewing feet.
- Cuffs, pant hems, collars, and other details are easily accessible thanks to the removable free arms.
Singer Promise has the ability to do two-thread overlock and the most impressive quality of this machine is that, even after several washes, the stitches made by this machine do not unravel. The 70-watt motor looks promising. Because the operation noise of the Singer Promise, 1408 is so low, stitching for an extended period does not cause a headache. As a result, you can devote more time to learning and learning more quickly. Singer Promise 1408 is an excellent purchase! It is so lightweight as compared to other sewing machines that you can put it in your bag and take it wherever you want.
Singer offers the best and most highly dependable sewing machine options, designed to give users the most convenience in handling every stitching need and requirement. It has earned the Consumers Digest Award twice for the numerous benefits it provides to those who use it. The sewing machine is made of high-quality materials, making it a long-lasting investment. A Singer sewing machine includes everything you need for a high-quality sewing machine that will give your sewing projects a professional edge. As a result, it is more reliable and can be used for an extended period without difficulty.
- It’s a strong, long-lasting, and dependable machine.
- One of the best features of the Singer sewing machine is the automatic needle threader.
- Using the needle to meet your threading needs takes only 6 seconds.
- There are many stitching options provided.
- It has a simple threading technique that can help users simply complete the difficult threading tasks in very less time.
- LED lights are used, which can reflect off the surface of the stitching.
- The machine also includes an easy-to-load drop-in bobbin system, which makes the job much easier for users. Furthermore, it has a transparent cover that makes controlling the thread supply very simple.
- You will receive a drop-in bobbin system.
It is simple to use and comes with a variety of accessories to help you grow your creative potential. The included accessories can be found in the storage area at the front of the machine. It also includes 100 stitch options (including 76 automated buttonholes, 9 essentials, 7 decoratives, and 8 stretches), from which users can choose their favorite. Users can also rely on the seven fully automatic, perfectly sized buttonholes built into the garment. This machine has a glowing LED light above the machine’s surface, allowing you to get the best results from your sewing work.
Purchasing the Singer Start 1306 model is far better than purchasing a standard handheld dress designing machine. The machine’s heavy-duty metal frame guarantees skip-free sewing and high structural performance. This is a good amateur sewing machine that costs nearly the same as the Usha Janome Dream Stitch and is best for children’s garment construction machines. It is a portable and lightweight sewing machine with 57 stitch applications that is ideal for beginners and sewers who need to cover the basics quickly. This machine has preconfigured stitch lengths and widths, which eliminates the need for guessing and adjusting.
- The Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine’s removable free arm allows for easy access to necklines, waist belts, sleeves, pant hems, and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- The automatic bobbin winder, as well as the Darning plate for free-motion sewing, are extremely useful.
- There are six essential built-in stitches. The selection dial displays all six built-in stitches, making stitch selection simple for the user.
- A quick-start learning guide is added that perfectly introduces the user to this sewing machine.
- The 4-step automatic buttonhole makes things much easier.
- Switching the presser foot on and off is very simple.
- The twin needle sewing dual spool pins allow for parallel rows of stitching, which is ideal for hemming or adding a decorative finish.
- The tension adjusting feature eliminates the possibility of thread breaking.
With this little machine, you can complete several complex sewing projects. Singer Start 1306 is a true motivator for beginners in every way. Sewing is a great hobby for children, especially those in their early teens. Beginner sewing machines in similar price ranges typically produce 500-550 stitches per minute, but the Singer Start 1306 produces 600 stitches per minute. All of the features are very simple to grasp, which is exactly what a learner requires. So, if learning is the goal, instead of purchasing a high-end model, invest in the Singer Start 1306, which will provide you with the best learning experience. Also, if you want to buy a sewing machine for less than Rs. 10,000, this is the best option.
The Brother FS101 has the best heavy-duty sewing machine motor in its price range, which means it can handle heavy workloads. This sewing and embroidery machine is ideal for expressing your creativity. An extension table is not required for this machine. It weighs 6.96 kg and everything is clearly printed on its metal frame. If you want to start a home garment construction business, the Brother FS101 Computerized Sewing Machine can help you. Most importantly, even with so many features, Brother FS101 is fairly simple to use.
- There are 100 distinctive inbuilt sewing utility stitches, decorative, heirloom, and quilting stitches.
- You get 55 alphanumeric stitches for monogram stitch as well as 8 different styles of one-step buttonholes.
- This machine is automated and requires only the user’s order to begin working on its own and continue to surprise you.
- At this price, it’s the best sewing machine with an automatic threader that works flawlessly.
- A heavy-duty, high-quality metal body ensures stable and clean embroidery.
- The noise level is lower than that of other stitching machines in this price bracket.
- The Brother sewing machine does not require stitch adjustments such as width and length, which are automatically set by the machine’s computerized system.
- The machine indicates an error and the stitching stops automatically if the needle cannot pass through the fabric.
Brother embroidery machines are well-known for their trustworthiness and versatility. A wide selection of sewing machines is available, with prices starting at around Rs. 16,000. No other dress designing machine offers such a diverse selection of stitches, embroidery patterns, and features. This lightweight sewing machine is an expert in its field. This machine is unquestionably cheaper than machines with comparable features and stitch ranges. Brother is unquestionably pleasant!
The Usha Janome Allure is a well-constructed, long-lasting sewing machine with a low price but adequate features. This machine performs the best when it comes to repairing buttons on clothes, coats, and other garments. This fully automatic sewing machine is extremely light. It’s ideal for all sewing and embroidery projects mostly for home use. Most importantly, this machine does not create any complications. Usha Janome Allure will easily fit into your cabinet. The machine is lightweight and comes with a standard 2-year warranty.
- There are 13 built-in stitch functions (and 21 applications) to choose from, which are adequate for home use as well as tackling intermediate-level creativity.
- This machine’s width and length control mechanisms were recently changed, making it easy for customers.
- With its two dials, choosing a stitch pattern is a breeze. In the same way, you can select the stitch length based on the fabric.
- Circular stitching (pants, skirts, shirt sleeves, etc.) is never a problem with the one because it is a perfectly shaped free-arm sewing machine.
- The stitching light feature provides light to focus on the part of the fabric on which you are stitching at the time.
- Thread tension control can be adjusted manually which allows you to stitch neatly without exerting any effort.
- With its two dials, choosing a stitch pattern is super easy. In the same way, you can select the stitch length based on the fabric.
- Most importantly, the Usha Janome Allure performs admirably with thicker fabrics.
With Usha Janome Allure, sewing tasks can be completed effortlessly. Comparing Usha Janome Allure to similarly priced electric sewing machines, this one consumes much less energy. You can tailor and design most of the fabrics, and the noise level is also below par. In testing, Allure performed better than the Jack sewing machine, which was costing almost double! Additionally, this class machine is providing great stitch quality without costing much. Usha Janome Allure is entirely worth the purchase!
Wonder Stitch is the result of a collaboration between Usha and Janome, and the result is a ferocious blend. At 860 stitches per minute, you achieve professional-looking results. Aside from stitch quality, they have a lot to offer. All of the dials and buttons are ideally placed, and no setup or adjustment causes stress. With Usha Janome Wonder Stitch, everything is so simple and perfect. The instructional manual and accompanying DVD will not leave you in any doubt!
- Smocking, button fixing, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, and rolled hemming are among the 13 built-in stitches and 21 stitch functions available in the machine.
- The presence of a free arm makes circular stitching very simple.
- Another convenience is the extra-high-pressure foot lift.
- With a weight of only 6.72 Kg and a carrying handle, this machine is ideal for transporting it to a learning class or a friend’s house.
- Certainly, the adjustable width dial makes customizing your favorite stitches a breeze.
- This automatic zig zag sewing machine includes an in-built needle threader, eliminating the need to manually guide the thread through the eye of your needle. That is accomplished with the simple press of a button.
Whatever your sewing skill, this machine will make your sewing experience a breeze. Furthermore, Usha Janome Wonder Stitch does not require any maintenance. Simply oil the bobbin and wipe the machine’s body with a dry cloth and everything will be under maintenance. Certainly, starting your sewing journey with Usha Janome Wonder Stitch will be enjoyable! It’s a good choice for garment construction. You can certainly give Usha Janome Wonder Stitch to your mother or sister to showcase their creative skills!
Although a sewing machine costs money upfront, you can save your time and money in the long run by mending clothing and pieces that you would otherwise throw away and have to replace. You can extend the life of your garments by fixing any holes with a sewing machine. In a good sewing machine, all amenities and conveniences should be available, and aside from being quick, perfection should never be jeopardized. I hope the article has helped you to choose a sewing machine that matches your convenience.
People are also reading: