How to find wifi password on mac? Well, that’s exactly what we are discussing here in detail.
Wi-Fi is a great technology to access the internet but it is hard to remember the password. Imagine connecting your Mac with a particular Wi-Fi network and forgetting the password. Each day, the exact scene plays out for thousands of Mac users globally, leaving them to deal with a frustrating situation. They are unable to connect other devices on that particular Wi-Fi in lack of a password.
If you too find yourself in a similar situation, then we are here to help. Join us, as we walk you through different ways to address the all-important question, “how to find password on Mac.” We intend to help you recover wifi password without breaking a sweat and save it for easy access whenever required. So, the next time you forgot wifi password, you know what to do.
Find Wifi Passwords on Mac
When you are struggling to know “what’s my wifi password,” the following procedure comes in handy.
1. Use Terminal on Mac
- Start by opening the Terminal. This will help you access the Spotlight Search function.
- After opening it, type the “security find-generic-password -ga WIFI NAME | grep “password:” command and replace the “WIFI NAME” from the name of your wifi network.
- Next, the system will redirect you to the username and password after entering the command successfully.
- In case you don’t remember your username, click on the Apple icon from the top-left corner screen.
- At last, you can see the password under the enter command after successful authentication. This is how to see wifi passwords on mac through Terminal.
2. By Keychain Access on Mac
Wondering how to find wifi password on mac through Keychain Access? Just read on.
- To start with, open your Keychain Access to access the Spotlight Search.
- Following this, press the System option and opt for the Passwords icon below Categories.
- Now, find the network’s name, which you want to access and open it.
- After opening it, you will get a redirect for the authentication. So, provide the username and password. In case, you don’t know the username, you can find it by clicking on the icon of Apple from the top-left of the screen. This is how to view saved passwords on mac.
- You can finally see your password at the box on the side of the “Show Password” button.
By now, you know how to find a wifi password on mac. We hope that you understood the process. However, feel free to ask any questions if you have any queries regarding the wifi password finder or anything else. At Dunia Ka Gyan, we are always available for help.
People are also reading: