Facing the Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10 issue? Here’s how to resolve it.
Laptops come with a small footprint compared to bulky PCs. That makes them portable. You can carry your laptop around wherever life takes you, provided it has enough charge. That’s where the battery icon kicks in, indicating the amount of charge the laptop carries at any given time. Simply put, the battery icon lets you schedule your charging so that you never run out of power.
However, at times, users have to face the battery icon missing in Windows 10 issue. when it strikes, you will lose track of the charging status of your PC. Breathe easy, as we tell you how to turn on battery percentage. Just read on, it’s your opportunity to be in the know.
Fix Battery Icon Missing Error in Windows 10
When the battery icon missing issue surfaces, your charging schedule goes haywire. Thankfully, there are strategies to get it back. Some of them are listed below.
1. Scan For Any Hardware Changes
Scanning the hardware changes is required to bring back the battery symbol. Here’s the process.
- First press the Windows and X keys and select Device Manager in the Quick Access Menu.
- Once the Device Manager opens, hit the Action button.
- Select Scan for hardware changes and open the “Batteries” category. However, make sure that the list has both of the devices shown below
- At last, restart the system and check whether Windows 10 show battery percentage or not.
2. Update Your Windows 10
If the Battery icon missing issue still persists, try updating the Windows 10.
- First, open Settings from the Start menu. Or you can press Windows, and I keys to open it.
- Now, hit the Update & Security icon. Next, press the Check for updates icon.
- Your system will download the required update automatically if it finds one.
- Once the update is downloaded, then hit the Install button.
- After the successful installation of the update, restart your system and check for the error again.
4. Turn On Windows 10 Battery Icon
It’s time to learn how to turn on the battery icon.
- To start with, hit the taskbar. this will help you access the Taskbar settings.
- Now scroll down the page and go to the Notification area then select Turn system icons on/off.
- Go down until you find the Power toggle switch. Next, turn it on.
- In case the battery icon doesn’t appear on the screen, you require visiting the taskbar settings again. Once there, opt for the “Select which icons appear on the taskbar.”
- Now go in the Power option and toggle the switch to the “On” setting. It will turn on the battery icon option on the screen.
5. Perform A System File Checker Scan
- First, press Windows and R keys. However, the shortcut comes into force only upon long-clicking the Windows button and pressing the R key.
- The Run Utility gets into the action. Herein, punch in “cmd” then hit the Ctrl, Shift and Enter keys.
- It will launch the Command Prompt with required administrative permissions.
- Now, hit the “Yes” icon. It will permit the Command Prompt to implement changes.
- Once the Command Prompt is opened, type the command: “sfc/scannow.”
- Now, hit “Enter” to execute the command.
- Eventually, all the corrupted files will be automatically scanned and repaired. Hopefully, the “battery icon not showing on taskbar” issue will be relegated to history.
The next time when you encounter the “battery icon missing” in Windows 10 issue, you know how to fix it. The issue is problematic for you, preventing you from seeing the battery percentage. We hope that the write-up has been helpful. Feel free to return to us for more such informative articles.
People are also reading:
- How to Fix Plugged In Not Charging Error on Windows 10?
- How to Fix Sedlauncher.exe Error on Windows 10?
- How to Boot Windows into Last Known Good Configuration?
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working Error on Windows 10?
- How to Delete Move, Resize Pagefile.sys on Windows 10?
- How to Find Wifi Password on Mac?