Lakme Fashion Week and The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) announced on the 1st of March that they are set to present a joint fashion week schedule from 16-21 March 2021. Combining forces of powerhouses of fashion and beauty in India – Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Jointly organized by Lakme & Rise Worldwide (formerly IMG Reliance); and Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) have decided to join forces and reinvent the wheel together to bring to the world their first-ever joint initiative – A Phygital Fashion week.
What to look forward to in Lakmé Fashion Week 2021
1. Phygital Fashion: The future normal?
After the fact that 2020 has been an unexpected year, it has also been an extremely important one in bringing about an understanding that a return to ‘normal’ in a post-pandemic world isn’t good enough. Such an understanding has heightened awareness of the important shift that the fashion industry needs to undergo. Within this, the nature of fashion shows itself, thus welcoming the Phygital Fashion shows. The term ‘phygital’ here captures the coalescence of the digital and physical world, allowing brands to provide a more interactive and accessible experience for audiences and communicate with them on an unparalleled level. Thus, without turning completely digital, Lakme Fashion Week will be adopting a more sustainable ethos and utilize digital platforms to a greater extent.
The schedule will comprise the best of curation and designers from Delhi, Mumbai, and across India. The FDCI and LFW will present the opening show on March 16 and culminate with the Lakme Absolute Grand finale on March 21. Ashwath Swaminathan, Head of Innovations at Lakme, stated that the team is looking forward to the partnership, which will open up avenues of growth “for all stakeholders”. Both FDCI and LFW will continue their talent and buyer programs from the previous seasons as well.
Venturing into the newly formed alliance of LFW and FDCI, the team unveiled their ‘Unity Logo, socially designed to mark this historic partnership.
4. Fashion show-offs ahead in the Lakme Fashion Week
Opening Show on Tuesday 16th March at 8 pm will be presented by Anamika Khanna, a much-revered fashion designer in the industry, who is best known for her eponymous label. Anamika’s philosophy is about innovation regarding the Indian style while also keeping it extremely relevant to the modern world. Witness the artistry of Anamika Khanna, as the revered designer takes center stage to helm the premiere show for FDCI x LFW and present her collection ‘Timeless the World’.
5. INIFD presents GenNext
“Recycling of Fabrics is the New Fashion Mantra,” states GenNext designers. The 31st batch of the coveted talent discovery program- GenNext- has announced two winners, namely, Label Rahul Dasgupta by Rahul Dasgupta and Raffughar by Wajahat Rather, through a virtue jury selection process, who will be showcasing at FDCI x LFW.
Inspired by the famous Darners of Kashmir, the independent design label ‘Raffughar’is the brainchild of NID graduate Wajahat Rather. An ardent believer of a synergetic and a collaborative meld between design, nature, and crafts, the label intends to revive traditional and natural craft-making processes in the global scene to yield complete and meaningful ensembles. Experience the debut on Wednesday, 17th March at 4 pm.
7. Label Rahul Dasgupta
Having launched in August 2020, in Kolkata, amidst the pandemic, NIFT graduate Rahul Dasgupta created the eponymous menswear label ‘Rahul Dasgupta’. With modern chic forming the core of its aesthetics, the fusion wear line prides itself on creations that exhibit an immaculate blend of classic Indian silhouettes with contemporary surface development techniques based on traditional methods. Experience the debut on Wednesday, 17th March at 4 pm.
Nexa and Lakmé Fashion Week are making the first-of-its-kind experience through technology and Indian Fashion. The next step by Nexa in the innovation is Digital Couture, with celebrated Indian fashion designers.’Each designer will be developing a sketch that will then be transformed into 3D virtual garments’.
- 20 years into its journey, Shantanu and Nikhil as a brand has democratized Indian couture through a modern Indian narrative that speaks the language of structure and strength in its most inimitable form of luxury. Watch the majestic showcase, S&N by Shantanu and Nikhil unfurl on Wednesday, 9 pm at FDCI x LFW.
- One of India’s foremost couturiers, Suneet Varma is a name that immortalizes glamour and timeless style. Meticulous craftsmanship, a strong design sensibility, and undying love for sartorial research, the Varma brand exudes fantasy, sexy sophistication, and unadulterated feminity for the woman of today. Suneet Varma will reveal his upcoming collection on Friday, 19th March, at 8 pm at FDCI x LFW.
- Tresemme India will be presenting Label Ritu Kumar on Thursday, 18th March 2021, Sustainable Fashion day, at 9 pm.
- Indian Designer Labels like Samant Chouhan, Payal Pratap, Paras & Shalini, Nitin Bal Chauhan, Siddartha Tytler will unveil new Fashion Week designs.
- Marie Claire presents Gauri & Nainika, Limerick and Nirmooha will also be present.
- Logitech x Arpita Mehta and Lakme Salon x Pankaj and Nidhi Will be the two major labels presenting ahead in the Lakme Fashion Week.
- NEXA presented “The Spotlight” on an online platform with a brand philosophy – to #CreateInspire. It is a cauldron for diverse design talent to add their unique designs & creative vision in, and out of the other side emerges a kaleidoscope of magical experiences, emotionally evocative stories & stunning visual representation. Won by P.E.L.L.A by Priyanka Ella Lorena Lama will showcase the designs on 19th March at 6 pm.
- Finalists of Circular Design Challenge 3.0 – LataSita, Bandit, Paiwand Studio, Nice Gene, Grandma Would Approve, and Tote Scarf will be introduced ahead at FDCI x LFW on 18th March 2021
- National Diamond Council presents “Fashion of diamond: Trend Report 2021” will be unveiled on Friday, 19th March 2021.
People are also reading:
- Top 10 Apps that help you earn money
- Most Expensive footwear Brand in the world
- Top 10 Gifts for Your Boyfriend for Valentine’s
- Best Brands to Buy Baby Clothes
- Top 10 Specs Brand In The World
- Top 10 Fashion Designers in the World
- Top 10 Interior Designers in the World
- Top 10 Security Agency in the World
- Top 10 Toy Brands for Babies
- Top 10 Thieves in the World