As we head towards digitalization, several innovations are coming into the picture. Various digital platforms have changed the dynamics of popularity, fame, and earning. One of such thriving platforms is YouTube. YouTube is the present and future of the digital world. Every second of the day, billions of people surf YouTube videos diligently. Moreover, you find every possible genre here.
On the one hand, there is a massive audience watching such videos whereas, on the other hand, abundant people are creating such videos.
The people who create videos, start their channels, and add content. Now, these YouTube subscribers define the entire game. There is an option for the viewers who wish to get notified every time the creator releases a new video: the ‘subscribe’ option. You have to hit the subscribe button, and YouTube will send notifications regarding the release of the channel’s videos.
The more the number of subscribers, the more is your popularity and ultimately earning!
Such popularity helps the influencers to reach a more comprehensive number of audiences. This in turn results in the brands approaching them to advertise their products or services.
Now, let us understand who are the most popular YouTube influencers at present. This article aims to provide complete information about these influencers.
Let’s tread ahead!
Top YouTube Influencers
- Felix Kjellberg – PewDiePie
- Mr.Beast – Jimmy Donaldson
- Kids Diana Show – Eva Diana
- Like Nastya – Anastasia Radzinskaya
- Vlad and Niki – Vladislav and Nikita
- Justin Bieber
- Canal Kondzilla – Konrad Dantas
- Dude Perfect
- Marshmello – Christopher Comstock
Total Subscribers: 111 Million
PewDiePie is the most popular YouTube personality across the globe. He has a staggering amount of followers on YouTube. As per Forbes, in the year 2019, his overall earnings were $13 million.
He was born in a city in southwest Sweden called Gothenburg. As a child, Felix had a passion for playing video games and invested his time doing the same. Interestingly, he pursued a degree in industrial economics and technology management but dropped out due to his lack of interest. After this decision, he started his career with the YouTube channel PewDiePie. At that time, not many were familiar with YouTube.
Furthermore, his parents were against this decision and disagreed with providing any financial assistance. So to earn money, he sold his artwork.
Initially, his channel had video games along with commentary. One of his videos playing Minecraft became extremely popular and had over 12 million views. In 2013, PewDiePie was the most subscribed channel on YouTube and had over 19 million subscribers.
- In 2015, PewDiePie launched his own video game known as PewDiePie: legend of the Brofist.
- After the successful venture, he released another game in 2016: PewDiePie tuber simulator.
- In the same year, Felix also launched his satirical self-help book: This book loves you. It became the Number one New York Times bestseller.
- He has been in many controversies for making rape jokes, anti-Semitic jokes, etc.
- In 2017, he launched a popular series known as Meme Review and invited famous personalities such as Elon Musk, Ben Shapiro, and Dr. Phil.
Total Subscribers: 93.7 Million
Jimmy is an American YouTuber, a businessman, and a philanthropist. Known by his name, MrBeast, he has gained immense popularity through creative content on expensive stunts.
In 2017, his first video became viral with the title, ‘counting to 1,00,000’. Over time, he brought different genres into his content to make the videos enjoyable. Moreover, he also runs other YouTube channels, namely Beast Reacts, MrBeast Gaming, and MrBeast Shorts.
As of 2020, he was one of the top 10 highest-earning YouTube influencers globally. Apart from the online content, he is a great businessman as well. Donaldson is the founder of Feastables and MrBeast Burger. In addition, he has also raised a sum of $30 million for projects, namely Ocean Conservancy and The Ocean Cleanup.
- He won the creator of the year award in the 11th streamy awards of 2021.
- Jimmy also grabbed a nomination for the kid’s choice awards in 2020.
- In 2019, Donaldson took part in a collaborative fundraising challenge event on YouTube called #TeamTrees.
Total Subscribers: 93.5 Million
Diana is a six-year-old superstar kid from Ukraine with her channel Kids Diana Show. This channel is a complete children’s entertainment channel and is loved by people worldwide.
The videos are primarily of the little kid’s playing time with her brother Roma, Peppa Pig, or Hello Kitty. Interestingly, Diana pretends to play ice cream shop, is a hit, and has earned 377+ million views alone. The channel exponentially rose when it gathered 178 million monthly viewers in April 2020. Different channels starring Diana presented the show in nine other languages, which further gathered 4.4 billion views.
This 6-year-old delight intrigues the viewers with her playful adventures. All across the globe, plenty of kids and even parents relate to her videos.
Her popular series Love, Diana is a production of 40 episodes. It is produced by Albie Hecht, an award-winning kids producer. This series is adventure-filled and has a positive lesson about friendship, family, love, and the power of play. Therefore, kids learn a life lesson and have some fun with each episode.
- A Mobile game Love, Diana, has also been launched, containing a collection of some mini-games, imagination, and colors.
- The game is available on Google Play and Apple Store.
4. Like Nastya
Total Subscribers: 90.8 Million
Like Nastya was first launched in 2016. The family currently stays in Florida. There are millions of fan-following of little Nastya. According to Forbes, she is the seventh highest-paid YouTube star of 2020. Her earnings were a whopping $18.5 million.
She’s not just limited to videos. She plans to launch branded products at Amazon, Walmart, and various retailers. Interestingly, she has 16 licensing deals in multiple categories such as toys, apparel, books, musical instruments, etc. Furthermore, her TikTok account has crossed 3.4 million followers.
- Nastya has her Diamond play button.
- Her videos are also available in various languages such as Portuguese, German, Vietnamese, etc.
Total Subscribers: 80.8 Million
The channel was launched in 2018. The two brothers, aged five and seven, have earned millions of subscribers on the YouTube channel. The show is a massive hit amongst the masses. Moreover, they post videos regularly across 16 channels and in 13 different languages for better reach.
The primary focus of the videos is preschool topics such as science experiments, storytelling, and inspirational stories. People magazine interviewed their mother, and she said that the channel was started as a family hobby. Slowly and gradually, the viewers increased and turned into a big family.
All across the globe, people love to watch and laugh at the videos showcasing family adventures.
The videos help kids participate in activities, be more imaginative, and develop skills at a young age.
- One of the most popular videos on their channel, ‘Magic Little driver ride-on toy cars and transform car for kids’, has more than 500 million views.
- Both kids are not actors. However, they are developing phenomenal imaginative skills.
Total Subscribers: 73.5 Million
YG entertainment established BlackPink, a South Korean girl group. The band members are Jisoo, Lisa, Jennie, and Rose. The first single album, Square One, was launched in August 2016.
In the list of Billboard Hot 100, they have managed to bag the spot for the highest-charting female Korean group. ‘The Album’ was their first album to sell more than 1 million copies. It was an international hit, and BlackPink became the first Korean girl group to be on Billboard’s emerging artists chart.
Furthermore, in 2018, they collaborated with Dua Lipa and received a platinum certification from the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association). Together this group has managed to break numerous records.
Interestingly, in 2020, ‘How you like that’ became the most viewed music video in the first 24 hours of its release. BLACKPINK is continuing to rise day by day.
- BlackPink is the first female Korean group on Forbes 30 under 30 Asia.
- In 2021, this group was honored by South Korea’s President Moon Jae-In for promoting Korean content in the world.
Total Subscribers: 68.3 Million
Justin Beiber is a Canadian superstar singer. He is singing since he was a child. Justin Bieber was soon established as a teenage idol. In 2008, American record executive Scooter Braun signed him with RBMG records.
His first internationally successful single, ‘Baby,’ broke records. In the year 2012, another single, ‘Believe’, was released, and with this, Justin became the first artist to achieve 5 US number one albums.
In 2015, with ‘Where are u Now,’ Justin fetched the Grammy Award for Best Dance/ Electronic Recording. After that, he became the first artist in history to gain the top three positions in the UK singles chart. However, unfortunately, he was involved in various controversies that negatively impacted his image in the subsequent years.
- Ironically, the most famous single, ‘Baby,’ is among the most hated singles.
- He has won 2 Grammy awards, 21 billboard music awards, 18 American music awards, 21 MTV Europe music awards, 32 Guinness world records, 2 Brit awards, and much more.
- In 2011, Time named Justin Bieber one of the hundred most influential people.
- He was also on Forbes’s top 10 most powerful celebrities in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Total Subscribers: 65.6 Million
Allan Costa Morel is a Brazilian music producer and a screenwriter. He has his own music video production company that runs under Kondzilla records.
Furthermore, his channel Canal KondZilla has millions of subscribers. This channel is the most viewed in Brazil. He has directed more than 700 music videos and worked with some of the most famous artists. At the beginning of his career, he purchased a Canon 5D camera to enter the field of video production. At that time, he also worked as a web designer at a University.
After that, he shifted to São Paulo and studied photography, cinematography, and post-production.
Interestingly, in 2011 he directed Charlie Brown junior’s concert film ‘Musica Popular Caicara.’ He’s also gathered more than 400 million total video views every month.
- Dantas has won the 2015 Multishow Award for Best Music Video.
Total Subscribers: 57.3 Million
DudePerfect is a comedy group based in Frisco, Texas. It is a content-based channel and contains videos showcasing stunts and trick shots.
The channel’s first video was launched in 2009, and within a week, it gained two lakh views.
Furthermore, the content is highly intriguing. The individual members compete against each other in self-built games and rules to make the videos more engaging. Some of their most loved segments are:
- Wheel Unfortunate
- Absurd Records
- Top 10
- Get Crafty
- Taste Test
- Guys in Disguise
- Get it for Free
- The group was invited by the US Navy’s Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Nimitz for a 3-day trip.
- Dude Perfect went on their first live tour in 2019.
- They also collaborated with Serious Bean Co. to build new flavored baked beans.
Total Subscribers: 55.1 Million
Marshmello is an American music producer and DJ. His original name is Cristopher Comstock. Marshmello’s musical style is groove-oriented, and he composes electronic dance music. Moreover, he has successfully made it to the list in the Top 30 of the Billboard hot 100.
Millions across the world love Marshmello. He started his YouTube channel in 2015. Since then, he has been a sensation. Interestingly, Marshmello wears a custom white helmet that resembles a marshmallow whenever he appears in a public gathering or even in his music videos. He managed to keep himself unidentified for an extended period. However, in 2017, Forbes announced that his real name was Christopher Comstock.
In addition, he is also a philanthropist. He has been seen doing charity concerts and several campaigns.
- Marshmello has created several gaming and cooking videos to add two of his series namely; “Gaming with Marshmello” and “Cooking with Marshmello”.
- In 2021, he gained a nomination for Grammy as well.
- Therefore, he is a non-speaker and uses body language to express himself in videos.
YouTube is definitely a big thing and is here to rule. Many influencers are earning names and fame from this channel. It is interesting how it is free of cost and is viable for any individual.
The earnings from YouTube are huge. If you wish to try your hands out here, you must go on! Remember, consistency, and qualitative content are the key.
We hope that this article enhanced your knowledge regarding the topic. Stay connected with us for more content.
People are also reading: