We know Rajasthan’s stunning beauty, vibrant culture, and magnificent forts. But the state is also famous for its temples. On that note, let us introduce you to one of the historical temples, the Jirawala Parshwanath temple. Attracting devotees from all over India, the Jain temple in Sirohi, Rajasthan, is located 47 km from Mount Abu.
The history of the Jirawala Jain Tirth dates back to the 12th century. The imprints of history are evident in the temple’s architecture, which is predominantly local. The Jirawala Parshwanath Jain temple is an architectural masterpiece, built like a premium resort. The soothing gardens, fountains, and beautiful lights make it a sight to behold.
The Mukhya Dwar (Main Entrance) has intricate architecture featuring immaculate carvings. Crafted with marble, the walls, pillars, and beams are a feat of engineering. Inside the temple is a white murti of Lord Parshvanath, made of sand and milk in the Padmasana position. The temple has an idyllic location, nestled in the foothills of the Jairaj Hills. The scenic beauty of the surroundings adds to the overall charm of the Tirth complex.
Shri Jirawala Parshwanath Jain Tirth Darshan – Rajasthan
Things to know before visiting Shri Jirawala Parshwanath Temple
Mind you, Jirawala Parshwanath Jain Temple Rajasthan is a religious place. Like every religious place, it has certain protocols that visitors need to adhere to while visiting the temple. Find below the list of the protocols and other essential things you should know when visiting the Tirth complex.
- Wear clean and sober clothes, preferably white
- Don’t take pictures inside the premises
- Food and restroom are available
- Location- MDR 26, Saran Ka Khera, Sirohi, Rajasthan 307514
- Visiting hours- N/A
- Entry charges- Free of cost
Places near Jirawala Parshwanath Temple
Several interesting places to visit, such as: surround jirawala Parshwanath1. Jirawala
Since 1134 AD, Jirawala has been the oldest Jain temple of Parashwanath. It’s the place where many Jain sages, or saints, completed their spiritual works. The distance from this holy place to Mount Abu is 58 km.
2. Shree Pavapuri Tirth Dham
Pava Puri Tirth Dham is another popular Jain temple in close proximity to Jirawala Parshwanath. This Dham is situated in Sirohi, Rajasthan. The temple works for animal welfare. For any animal lover, this place is a must-visit.
3. Mount Abu
It’s the only hill station in Rajasthan. You can visit various places here, such as the Dilwara Jain temple, sunset point, Bramhkumari ashram, etc. You will fall in love with the hill station’s natural beauty and serenity.
Hotels Near Jirawala Parshwanath Temple
So, you are eager to visit Jirawala Tirth, knowing your accommodation options is important.
- A lodging facility is available at the temple offering a decent stay. However, you need to pre-book it via the temple’s official website.
- The nearest place to the temple is Mount Abu. Here are some good options.
- Hotel Saraswati– 69.8 km from the temple;
- Anand Homestay– 71 km from the temple;
- Hotel Crystal INN– 70.2 km from the temple.
Feel free to check MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, and other sites for booking a suitable hotel near Jirawala Parshwanath.
Best time to visit the Jain Pilgrimage
Rajasthan’s weather is hot and humid. So it’s best to visit the temple during the winter season, from October to February. During the winter, the weather here is pleasant.
Mode of Transportation to reach Jirwala Parashwanath
Wondering how to reach Jirawala Parshwanath? Well, you can do it by road, rail, and air.
- Via Road– It has great road connectivity from Mount Abu (47kms). You can hire a taxi or prefer a personal car to reach the temple.
- Via Rail– You can also opt for a rail and take local taxis or cabs to reach the temple.
- Via Airline– The nearest airport from Jirwala Parashwanath is Udaipur Airport (200 km approx).
Why should you visit Jirwala Parashwanath?
Jirawala Parshwanath attracts visitors for a variety of reasons. Devotees gather in the hopes of encountering the divine and having their wishes granted. Some even claim that miracles take place here. Others pay their respects to the temple’s stunning construction. Jirawala Parshwanath is a must-see location, especially if you’re in Rajasthan.
People are also reading: